Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
lamby30676 said:
Think your all getting carried away its going to either be isco or thiago not both and don't give me this different position lark to much Football Manager for you lot haha!

Is anyone else worried we've been linked to that thug Pepe? why?

What the fuck do ya know, fuck all thats what this is a transform form we can discuss Messi and Ronaldo signing for 20 quid if we want.

sam-caddick said:
stavros said:
imo sam.

id have fernandinho yaya thiago rodwell competing for the 3 midfields spots

nasri and silva could also play in there, as well as milner.

as rodwells fitness cannot be relied upon, id loveto have barry as a squad player/back up.

don't like garcia

I think we will play three in midfield next season as well mate.

For me Yaya, Fernandinho and Thiago should be our main three, Barry and Rodders should be the player who rotate with the main three to stop and prevent burn out/ lack of form.

In creativity - Silva, Nasri, Milner, Isco and Navas

Milner and Navas are wingers/wide players. Should be Isco, Thiago, and silva with fernandinho protecting the back line

lamby30676 said:
Think your all getting carried away its going to either be isco or thiago not both and don't give me this different position lark to much Football Manager for you lot haha!

Sniff

Saif1994 said:
Cityisland said:
Saif1994 said:
It would be incredible if this deal were to go through. Imagine this:

----------Yaya-----------
--Silva---------Thiago-----
-----------Isco-----------
-----Aguero----Tevez-----

Would be further complemented with Fernandinho when we need to be cautious.

Not too sure if it is worth getting Cavani for 63 million euros. Dzeko can be our Cavani, last season when he was scoring goals left right and centre he was better than Cavani and Falcao combined.

erm, no....

That is your opinion, but I think the form Dzeko was in at the start of the 2011-12 season was more than good enough for us if we can just make him recover it.

Why spend 63 million on Cavani when we have the potential untapped on our bench. I'd rather have us strengthen our midfield with Isco, Thiago and Fernandinho.

Only if one more striker leaves - could be Dzeko or Tevez - should we move for a replacement. Obviously the best replacement available now is Cavani with Lewandowski going to Bayern and Falcao going to Monaco. Young spanish striker Rodrigo from Benfica was also an earlier option or Marco Reus if we are really lucky.

CAVANI. Tevez is leaving this summer

NipHolmes said:
lamby30676 said:

Sniff

Hmmmmm. Definitely an odour........

Meeting Standards
Identifying genuine talent is a more difficult skill than people actually understand and could really make a difference in the prospects of a club in terms of success and progression.

Every club has their own objectives and thresholds hence their own standards as to the quality or caliber of player they pursue.

The trick for a club like city , bayern, Madrid etc is to accurately assess and identify a player that at least meets that standard and is expected to add something to improve the quality of the squad.

This was our problem last season, we were not able to competently judge the standards of players. For example the acquisition of Sinclair epitomized the total lack of understanding or reckless negligence of standards, with all due respect to him, hes a good lad and all.

There have been a lot of names called up so far in this transfer window. I am no scout but I have to submit to be very skeptical and apprehensive about some players touted about like Isco and ferdinandinho. Not saying they wont be great in the future but at the moment I dont see it and I predict a massive face-palm and a STAY DAUUUUUNNNNN!!!!! by the reality of the pace and intensity of the premier league, and Im also not sure about their capabilities. Essentially I don't rate them that much. I may be wrong of-course. (I hope Im wrong if we manage to get them). Navas can certainly bring a different dimension to our attacking approach and variety in terms of width and pace in the wings but I still don't rate him as a difference maker but will be a good squad player. Perhaps, finally, an actual replacement for Adam Johnson.

In my opinion, Thiago is a player that actually meets our standards and will certainly bring something positive to the team if we manage to get him. He is so talented.

So the players that we should be focusing on getting (obviously not all of them )is Bale (of course), Thiago, Fabregas, De Rossi and Cavani (although that face palm may apply to him as well because if you see how good Dzeko was perceived to be before he joined city then it is very natural for a skeptic to anticipate the same thing happening to Cavani. However, I do believe he is a better alternative to Dzeko and I like his personality - always happy and a has a good attitude and we need that kind of spirit). Javi Garci may be able to meet standards if he is converted to a center back.

Yeah so Thiago is one of the few players touted about that I really want at City because he is the real deal.

lamby30676 said:

as far as im concerned they would both fit in our starting 11 and if u dont think so take some time to watch spain in the under 21 euros cos they will both start, and i would drive nasri to the front door of any club if it ment that we would sign thiago and isco. and if you want a Google hat about pepe the go to the right thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.