Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid is a talent.
He reminds me a lot of Cesc Fabregas but he is a bit more athletic
I think we would be wise to invest in him even if there is a buy back clause.
With cesc in that Barcelona team, I doubt they'll want to buy him back anytime soon, he's already 22

For 20m it would be a great bit of business, he's physically built for the prem I reckon and has the technical skill to really add to our midfield.

CTID101 said:
For 20m it would be a great bit of business, he's physically built for the prem I reckon and has the technical skill to really add to our midfield.

him, Yaya, Silva, Isco, just not sure who the holding midfielder(s) would be as it is not the main part of Yaya'a game or Thiago's game (as far as I know?) and doesn't MP allegedly like to use 2 holding midfielders?

Fernandinho ;)

Could have any of Fernandinho, Yaya, Garcia, Barry and Rodwell as the three in midfield. Thiago, Isco and Silva as the attacking midfielders, Milner able to play in any of those positions. Then we have our strikers.

Thiago to me looks like he could certainly play as a general central midfielder, a few bits on that video is of him playing deep in midfield and just playing 40-50yrd passes which is something we desperately lack.

Yaya-------Thiago
--Fernandinho-

Fernandinho-------Rodwell
-----------Garcia--------

Barry----Fernandinho
----Rodwell--------

Lots of different combinations.

I remember Tolmie saying we had chats with his people a little out of the blue last summer, but decided to stick around and fight for a place at Barca IIRC. Perhaps it hasn't gone the way he was hoping this year and he's put himself back on the market. Regardless if he's available and we can't get Fabregas, he surely needs to be bumped to the top of our transfer list?

adrianr said:
I remember Tolmie saying we had chats with his people a little out of the blue last summer, but decided to stick around and fight for a place at Barca IIRC. Perhaps it hasn't gone the way he was hoping this year and he's put himself back on the market. Regardless if he's available and we can't get Fabregas, he surely needs to be bumped to the top of our transfer list?

And wasn't our interest in Thiago the reason Barca exec's became rather pissed off at Ferran and Txiki?

At 20m he'd be a great signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.