Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
adrianr said:
I remember Tolmie saying we had chats with his people a little out of the blue last summer, but decided to stick around and fight for a place at Barca IIRC. Perhaps it hasn't gone the way he was hoping this year and he's put himself back on the market. Regardless if he's available and we can't get Fabregas, he surely needs to be bumped to the top of our transfer list?
I think he is probably another player that is thinking about the World Cup and trying to lift his profile by becoming a bigger fish in a smaller pond. That part of it would be to our advantage.

However I think there is a major downside in that Barca have got it in for us. They are still clearly peeved that Soriano and Txiki work for us. They seem to have been the source of quite a bit of mischief making by leaking information (for example their supposed interest in Pelli) designed to make our lives more difficult.

I realise that business is business. However I think the sale to City of a promising player such as Alcantara would be the last thing they would like to see happen.

jollylescott said:
adrianr said:
I remember Tolmie saying we had chats with his people a little out of the blue last summer, but decided to stick around and fight for a place at Barca IIRC. Perhaps it hasn't gone the way he was hoping this year and he's put himself back on the market. Regardless if he's available and we can't get Fabregas, he surely needs to be bumped to the top of our transfer list?
I think he is probably another player that is thinking about the World Cup and trying to lift his profile by becoming a bigger fish in a smaller pond. That part of it would be to our advantage.

However I think there is a major downside in that Barca have got it in for us. They are still clearly peeved that Soriano and Txiki work for us. They seem to have been the source of quite a bit of mischief making by leaking information (for example their supposed interest in Pelli) designed to make our lives more difficult.

I realise that business is business. However I think the sale to City of a promising player such as Alcantara would be the last thing they would like to see happen.

It's true that Barca do not like us... it is a bit more deep rooted than that... actually it is more of a love/hate between Barca Chief Sandro Rosell and our Chief Ferran Sorriano...

Sandro had constant disagreements with Laporta (then Barca Chief a few years back) on manager and players when Sandro was a director just like Ferran, the difference was Ferran and Txiki were in Laporta's little "trusted circle"... , which annoyed Sandro. Ferran and Txiki worked with Sandro for years and if anyone knows how to deal with him, it is them.

If Txiki wants Thiago and Barca want to sell... they will negotiate. Don't forget it is also down to how much Thiago pushes Barca to sell him City. With Pellegrini coming in (we can see how well respected in Europe he is) I can see players being more attracted to this City because of Pellegrini being here.

Just depends how bad we want him... anyone know if we would go for Thiago instead of Navas?

I'd much prefer Thiago to Navas, age being one thing where Thiago has a big advantage over Nava. I presume Navas would be cheaper, but he is a much bigger risk in terms of settling in England. I think the mentality of the players is much more important if we are to "grow" this club. We have now had success, and now have to build on this with more success and keep picking up trophies, just like Chelsea do each season.

Thiago, Bale, Lewandowski, Jackson Martinez, all the right age and can all be here for years. We then wouldn't miss any of our current strikers, including Aguero if he is to leave in the next couple of years.

This window could have as much of an impact as when the Sheikh came in and bought the club.

Jimfv1 said:
I'd much prefer Thiago to Navas, age being one thing where Thiago has a big advantage over Nava. I presume Navas would be cheaper, but he is a much bigger risk in terms of settling in England. I think the mentality of the players is much more important if we are to "grow" this club. We have now had success, and now have to build on this with more success and keep picking up trophies, just like Chelsea do each season.

Thiago, Bale, Lewandowski, Jackson Martinez, all the right age and can all be here for years. We then wouldn't miss any of our current strikers, including Aguero if he is to leave in the next couple of years.

This window could have as much of an impact as when the Sheikh came in and bought the club.

Completely different players. If we got Thiago we'd still need someone like Navas.

Jimfv1 said:

Navas is a winger though

adrianr said:
Jimfv1 said:

Completely different players. If we got Thiago we'd still need someone like Navas.

Couldn't we play Martinez on the right side, supporting Lewandowski and Bale on the left. I know we don't have any of those players but with Silva in the middle and Fernandinho and Thiago behind, would that be a good enough midfield and attack ?

Jimfv1 said:
adrianr said:
Jimfv1 said:

Couldn't we play Martinez on the right side, supporting Lewandowski and Bale on the left. I know we don't have any of those players but with Silva in the middle and Fernandinho and Thiago behind, would that be a good enough midfield and attack ?

Yeh and with Cavani and Falcao up front we'll be sorted!

;)

Wtf guys, you are talking about bringing in cavani falcao bale thiago fernandinho and lewandowski. Hope you are being sarcastic...

adrianr said:

Coughs!

If he's for sale, he will be at City.

We were very aggressive in our interest last summer with Barca. The lads knows it, his dad knows it.

You would have to thank Brian Marwood for it, though. He heard a whisper the lad was not happy with a few things.

At one stage, I thought he would be one of the major bombs to go off.

Perhaps this bomb was on a timer!

C'mon, Cheeky, do yer stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.