Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, when we won 14 games in a row to win the PL two seasons back, Gundog played in virtually all of them because Dinho was injured. Very underrated. But he has to play with two attacking players. If you stick a defensive player next to him it doesn’t seem to work at all. If I see the line up with him and Rodri or him and Dinho we normally lose, but him with two attacking players works really well. I wouldn’t mind seeing a regular midfield of Gundog, Bernardo and KDB next season. Although I have to also say Dinho isn’t done yet, so I’d be starting him all day in that DM position.
Agree with all that.

I agree, when we won 14 games in a row to win the PL two seasons back, Gundog played in virtually all of them because Dinho was injured. Very underrated. But he has to play with two attacking players. If you stick a defensive player next to him it doesn’t seem to work at all. If I see the line up with him and Rodri or him and Dinho we normally lose, but him with two attacking players works really well. I wouldn’t mind seeing a regular midfield of Gundog, Bernardo and KDB next season. Although I have to also say Dinho isn’t done yet, so I’d be starting him all day in that DM position.
Gundogan has been better than Silva for the last two seasons for obvious reasons, but i would not like to see us reliant on Rodri,Dinho or Gundogan as the CDM or box to box for again very obvious reasons

He was superb that season and especially from February onwards. But he had a very poor season last year. Which really disappointed me, especially, because I was his biggest defender previous to last year.

But he’s not going to get any better and may never get near that level of 2018-19, as he’s 30 next month and isn’t the most athletic of players.

This 1000 times. His interceptions are highly underrated. I feel like because he's not smashing through players he gets slagged off, but even in games when he's paired with rodri he's amazing at quietly dropping back and intercepting passes.

That, coupled with the deep lying role we have seen Bernardo play against Liverpool a couple of times, I would make it standard that if we are playing a double pivot, it's Bernardo and one of rodrigan.

Think rodri will be much better this year anyway, but I think Bernardo, gundogan, and debruyne is a good way to start the season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.