Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep loathes a first team squad of 21-22 players, preferring instead a much tighter and more intimate group who are versatile enough to cover several positions. It's a conversation for a different thread, but when I look at above "super squads" I'm inclined to see his point -- what a perfect nightmare it would be keeping that whole roster from mutiny.

His problems with injuries at Bayern may have changed his mind a little on that

Thiago has only played 47 league games in the last 3 seasons. Great player but it's a big issue, esp. if Gundogan signs as well. Whilst not as bad, he tends to miss a few games a season too

Thiago has only played 47 league games in the last 3 seasons. Great player but it's a big issue, esp. if Gundogan signs as well. Whilst not as bad, he tends to miss a few games a season too
Thiago was out for over a year with a torn knee ligament. He's played 37 of 48 games so far this season.

So talented but I think he has gone stale at Bayern and become a bit of a safe passenger in their midfield. He has worked with Pep through his whole senior career and could probably do with a different style of coaching.

Thiago was out for over a year with a torn knee ligament. He's played 37 of 48 games so far this season.

He has a history of ligament problems tho. Previous 2 seasons have basically been write-offs

Games (days) missed through injury:

15/16
6 games (30 days)

14/15
26 games (154 days)

13/14
56 games (267 days)

source: transfermarkt

I hope, whether we sign him or not, this season is more of an indication of his future. Excellent player

Pep absolutely loves him not sure you could carry him and Gundogan/Pogba in midfield though.

Pep will probably want a 'Busquets' or an 'Alonso' sat behind them a lot of the time

More Barca-esque, with Stones potentially being more like Busquets:
------Stones
Gundogan Thiago

Bayern-esque, with Kroos more the Alonso type:
-------Kroos
Gundogan Thiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.