Thiago Almada

It was banned (for new contracts at least) in 2015 by Fifa so affects everybody. Only contracts that existed before that time still exist I think and anybody on one has to have their contracts bought out before a transfer.

I have seen a lot of articles and Twitter posts that seem to indicate that City will part own Almada which just isn't possible.
That ban is irrelevant, theres always ways to work around it. Sporting, for example, bought 50% of Vietto from Atlético.

Read somewhere that it will cost us 16m to sign this lad...I know in today's market that this is pocket change but the club must have very high hopes for him?

Is it goign to be a buy and loan back for a year or two or is he going to come here and train with the first team squad?
If you believe the reports he’ll be spending a year or two at Sporting.

Hmm, that's how it's being reported but I don't understand how they get around the regulations?

TPO was/is daily business in South American and Portuguese clubs.
Main question is: who owns a club or parts of a club and by that parts of players' transfer rights?​

After FIFA has banned TPO in 2015
clubs and agents have invented a variety of financial solutions to circumvent TPO,

like participation in exchange traded clubs (like Sporting Lisboa) in shares, return as dividends
agents owning the rughts being hired by clubs and paid by "bonuses" for special transfer services,
investment funds involved,
or bank loans with interest payments, secured by future ticket sales or TV right payments.

FIFA wanted to increase transparency and player rights and arguably have achieved the opposite.

This is what I don't understand if he's going there for the 2 years why is pep supposedly so keen he comes to city when there's a big chance he won't be here when this lad comes back to us ?
I honestly don't believe Pep has anything to do with this transfer, or really any of the non-first team transfers.

I honestly don't believe Pep has anything to do with this transfer, or really any of the non-first team transfers.
Pep Guardiola made a 'special request' to sign Velez Sarsfield teenager Thiago Almada City's offer stands at $14million, however there is no immediate intention to keep the player in Manchester. Almada will be loaned to Sporting Lisbon for one season. [@FOXSportsArg]

Looks like a great young and exciting. prospect, we will have to wait and see if hes the next messi but ill see him as the next Kinky, good that we are at least out looking for the next messi, will be keeping a close eye on him if reports are truebl and gets loaned out to sporting

Hard to tell too much from YouTube videos but it is clear he has great balance. Looks to be a very interesting player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.