Thiago Silva

Young said:
Fuck no, rather we keep Tevez and buy some up-and-coming defender. Saves $$$ and the Vinnie/Lescott partnership.

Zat Knight's out of contract at Bolton ; )

niall_mcfc said:
Tancredi Palmeri on twitter has said that talks have been going on and Ac have quoted us €50m for Silva. Dont know how reliable he is but he has also said that Palacio will sign for Inter very soon so that could be a marker.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-italia.net/19103/genoa-confirm-palacio-inter-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-italia.net/19103/ge ... inter-deal</a>

soooo....

World class defender but don't think it's going to happen, they're cheaper alternatives who although not as good are champions league standard at the very least

Danamy said:
Damocles said:
So Mancini, our football manager with zero business experience, is negotiating a deal to bring in a 27 year old defender despite us stating that we don't buy players of that age, for around 50m, despite us stating that we're cutting back.

Well I'm convinced, off to the tattoo parlour I go!

The piece i've highlighted is the bit that tickled me

Fair play, he owns a yacht company

Amazing how many stories the press can create out of a 10 minute courtesy call!

But why would Galliani even want to talk to him?

-

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini insists his visit to Milan HQ was “a courtesy call. There are no transfer moves in the pipeline.”

The Premier League-winning tactician was spotted in Italy over the weekend, as he was in the stands for Sampdoria’s Serie B game with Pescara.

He also raised eyebrows by visiting Milan offices to meet with Vice-President Adriano Galliani, fuelling speculation of talks for Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Thiago Silva.

“I went to the Milan offices yesterday purely for a courtesy call. Besides which, it was Galliani who called and asked me to do so,” Mancini told news agency ANSA.

“Therefore, there are no transfer moves in the pipeline. I was in Milan for personal reasons and Galliani asked to meet up.

“I was there for 10 minutes and I certainly did not make a proposal for Thiago Silva, nor did I offer Mario Balotelli or Carlos Tevez to Milan.”

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Have to agree that he is an immense player, however there is also news that we are targeting Chiellini from Juve after he has won the Serie A league. Again if he teamed up with Kompany at CB that would be a formidable partnership.

I understand that Lescott has had a blinding season, I was dubious when we first signed him, but as proved against QPR he can sometimes make a unforced error.

Why I think we are looking at Thiago or Chiellini is to push Lescott for his place and for quality cover if Kompany needs resting or gets injured

but as proved against QPR he can sometimes make a unforced error.
=============
Jesus... Vinnie has made a few as well<br /><br />-- Tue May 22, 2012 5:00 pm --<br /><br />
BlueMoonz1977 said:
Right it seems that AC are now willing to look at offers for Thiago....they have apparently quoted barca in the region of £40mill euros + they would want to take Thiago Alcantara as well.

I think we could potentially get this fella now and throw in Tevez and maybe balotelli??

This is the only way we could do this I reckon.... Plus Tevez may be happy with it

TBH Bobby can talk bollocks when it suits him
1. 'esss over ..'
2 'ell never play for citee again..'
3. ' I will sell imm..'
4. 'is definately barm..this'

so expect a bid for Silva

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.