Things that blew your mind the first time you saw them

I was in a cove off of Admiralty Island at sunset (so like 10:30 pm) in a small boat and it was so quiet you could hear the song without a hydrophone, and then a few gulls start gathering over the water and the humpback comes up and out (bubble net feeding). It was a religious experience. They are amazing.
We had sea otters, puffins, a school of porpoises, crazy wildlife

The Umbro Cup Winners Cup kids kit, that came in a box at Halfords - shirt, shorts, socks (with tie on numbers!). I was a proper full kit wanker!

- View of Machu Picchu an hour after sunrise from the hill above it. Clear blue sky, which apparently only occurs a quarter of the time (during the final day of the trek).

- First encounter with scotch mist as a kid hiking near crief with the army cadets.

- First time I traveled to the US, coming in to land in Newark, view of the Statue of Liberty…

Were in New York for my 50th in December 2001, got lost on the underground, so got off and walked up the steps to be met with the ground zero site.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.