Things that taste better when .....

andyhinch said:
dobobobo said:
BlueBearBoots said:
I've had my spag Bol on the go for 2 hours, all the flavours need to blend. Do you use tinned tomatoes? I find they work best tbf then I add herbs and spices and stock I use chicken but if you are veggie use a veggie one but no salt cos I find stock cubes really salty

Yep I always use Napolina tinned tomatos (chopped) and veggie stock. I used herbs too when cooking with beef but have ruined it more than once when trying the non meat version.

If you cook it for 2 hours then this must be where I am going wrong along with the amount of water.
Just use value tinned tomatoes mate, fuck all difference apart from the price, use fresh herbs not old dried ones, they do fuck it up.

And how they are grown. Granted i've never been to the place where Napolina get their tomatos from but as with everything you just have to go on trust.

I agree with you on fresh herbs though. The problem is I hate shopping so I aint going out of my way to buy fresh herbs when cooking for one.

dobobobo said:
andyhinch said:
dobobobo said:
Yep I always use Napolina tinned tomatos (chopped) and veggie stock. I used herbs too when cooking with beef but have ruined it more than once when trying the non meat version.

If you cook it for 2 hours then this must be where I am going wrong along with the amount of water.
Just use value tinned tomatoes mate, fuck all difference apart from the price, use fresh herbs not old dried ones, they do fuck it up.

And how they are grown. Granted i've never been to the place where Napolina get their tomatos from but as with everything you just have to go on trust.

I agree with you on fresh herbs though. The problem is I hate shopping so I aint going out of my way to buy fresh herbs when cooking for one.
Just grow your own, simple as. Trust me no one hates shopping more than me.

andyhinch said:
dobobobo said:
andyhinch said:

Andy that's bullshit about tinned tomatoes look at the ingredients and compare!!!

andyhinch said:
dobobobo said:
andyhinch said:

Yep I agree, i'm considering it now that i've got my own place, but my flat needs to doing from top to bottom so it's dry herbs for the time being.

BlueBearBoots said:
andyhinch said:
dobobobo said:

Andy that's bullshit about tinned tomatoes look at the ingredients and compare!!!
I just have tomato, tomato juice and citric acid. If you can tell the difference in a spag Bol I'll show you my cock.

andyhinch said:
BlueBearBoots said:
andyhinch said:

I just have tomato, tomato juice and citric acid. If you can tell the difference in a spag Bol I'll show you my cock.

The concentration is different, more water in the cheap ones - and can I see it anyway :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.