Things that your Dad said to you.

I've never been an admirer of tatoos, I think they're bloody awful things.
My Dad had a tatoo of a bluebird on his forearm and one night I asked him if he ever regretted having it done.

He told me that it was just something that was expected when you were in the armed forces so if you got your head blown off and your dog tags were lost it was something to identify your body by.
Dad was never one to share his war experiences but he told me that three of them had the same tatoo done at the same time whilst on a bit of leave. They returned to their unit and a week later my Dad was sent out into the jungle to look for a patrol that hadn't returned. They found them all dead (killed by the Japanese) including his two pals.

denislawsbackheel said:
this is my house and you live under my rules.
If you don't like it get out.

I went.

Understand DLBH that your Dad was a bit like mine. However I now understand what he meant and can see every day the problems in society because not enough parents adopt a strict enough regime with kids at a formative stage.
Bet he did'nt ask for anything outlandish, just do your share, but when we're young we always think it's too much.

"Do'nt do as I do, do as I say" was my old fella's favourite. Terrible example.

blueandy1mac if you believe in by 10.30 at the age of 19 reasonable so be it. I didn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.