Things you have lost interest in over the years.

Popular music.
But maybe, it's not so much that I lost interest in it, as that it lost interest in me. I swear that I virtually never hear anything on the radio that makes me think, “Must follow them up.” And that's been the case for years.
I was mad about pop and rock right through the sixties and the seventies. I suppose it's a young man's (woman's) game.
Same with me.
I bought Peter Gabriel's new album before Christmas (double CD with 2 sets om "mixes".... whatever that means). I've got 3/4 of the way through the first "mix", and haven't even opened mix number 2. Don't get me wrong, I really liked what I heard. I've just got no motivation to put it on.
Rugby League. Played and watched it as a kid. Now, apart from the fact that it's virtually unknown over here, the sport has changed too much for my liking. Used to be a winter sport, not any more, matches end up with scores like basketball and the players are super-fit international athletes who look like gladiators instead of the podgy blokes who played a couple of hours after coming up from the coal pit. I miss old Albert Blan ( a R.L. equivalent of "my Hornby and my Barlow long ago.")
Again, same here.
Started watching in 1979. Since then, I've had 20odd season tickets, and barely missed a game. Home and away watching Warrington until the Millennium, when I dropped the away games. Since COVID, I've hardly made the turnstiles move. No more Sunday games at home, and when they're on the tele, I watch it on the tele (every SL game is now televised) . I struggle to put names to the faces of our players since that wanker Daryl Powell decimated our club of "bad apples", only for his regime to nearly get us relegated in 2022. It's a real effort for me to watch a neutral game, as I find the whole game robotic, now. Very little flair, just glorified wrestling.

That woman over the road.
When we moved house, I thought she was a stunner. (from afar). Walking past her, not so long ago, ....she's alright.

Sorry, no pics

There was a time when I liked nothing more than to 'brum' my toy cars on the livingroom carpet, though, of late I'm finding it to be a chore rather than a pleasure
At the age of 40, I still collect hot wheels and some matchbox, although they stay in their packages, unfortunately my days of bRumming are behind me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.