This Cesspit of a City

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I would imagine, in some instances, yes. If your Parents do it then you copy. Conditioning. And couldn't be arsed to find a bin or take it with you.

The education route has always been an excuse for people to pass the blame. I mean who are these people who think bins are voluntary? My dad throws shit in the street so it must be the done thing. I wonder why all those other people don’t do it?

You mean being a fat **** is bad for me? Who knew
Smoking causing cancer? Surely not
Drinking will shorten my life? Why the big secret
Stabbing people is wrong? Someone should have said
Throwing a maccys mllkshake all over the pavement is frowned upon? But my dad does it so it never crossed my mind.

Only sanctimonious wankers believe Manchester is a wonderfully welcoming and inclusive problem free shangri-la. The city has produced nothing relevant in years.

Even basic things like transport are miles behind other places. The tram is awful, the buses move at a snail pace in rush hour and we all know how bad the airport is.

I knew some truly wonderful people there. I also knew complete cunts. It can be a place of extremes.

Manchester's homeless problem is getting out of control.
so is Londons, so is Leeds, Liverpool, the whole of the Uk mate, I actually work with homeless people and believe me most prefer to sleep rough, even though we try to get them accomadation, a job etc, there more conditioned to take drugs or drink and go back to sleeping rough. What we should be saying I think is; the alcoholics and drug users is getting out of control in Manchester, you treat them eventually you eradicate homelessness.

so is Londons, so is Leeds, Liverpool, the whole of the Uk mate, I actually work with homeless people and believe me most prefer to sleep rough, even though we try to get them accomadation, a job etc, there more conditioned to take drugs or drink and go back to sleeping rough. What we should be saying I think is; the alcoholics and drug users is getting out of control in Manchester, you treat them eventually you eradicate homelessness.

Spot on. When we talk about choosing homelessness, it is like choosing a last meal when there is only one option; it is not an active, well-informed choice. A life of alcoholism or drug dependency is almost incompatible with 'regular' lifestyle choices. The reasons for 'choosing' such a lifestyle are too complex for a singular debate. My children's mother recently passed away through alcoholism, twelve years after we split. I never established the reasons for her dependency and neither did my son or daughter. What was clear though, was that the moment that alcohol took a hold, all of the rest of her life began to fall apart despite an awful lot of family support and agency support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.