This Cesspit of a City

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
My daughter graduated from Salford Uni yesterday and we stayed over in the Travelodge on Blackfriars street
For the evening I booked a table at Evuna in the Northern quarter and there were thirteen guests, 4 students, another daughter and eight parents
The parents were
us originally from Stockport now living in mid Cheshire
One Dad originally from Wigan now living in Hampshire where his Mrs is from
Two parents from Nottingham
Two from County Derry Northern Ireland

As we were all staying in the sameish area, we arranged to meet up for a pre meal drink in the Printworks. I said that Evuna had great reviews and that the Northern quarter was a vibrant area, still with some work to do but nothing like it used to be
Just after 6pm, following drinks we walked to Evuna ensuring I avoided the eyesore that is Piccadilly. In the streets leading to Evuna there were crack heads lighting up in doorways

We had a lovely meal and as we will probably never meet up again it took a long time to say our goodbyes, so these carried on outside the restaurant where we were hounded by homeless beggars

I felt embarrassed for the city that after I'd been singing its praises it will have left such a shitty impression on all these parents
A couple of pals used to come over from Yorkshire every year for a weekend & we’d have a booze up round town, told em not to bother anymore i’m So embarrassed by the state of the place.

The only reason I voted for Andy Burnham is because he vowed to do something about the homelessness problem in the city. All i've seen so far, apart from more homeless, are posters telling us what he's going to do for the homeless. It's doing nothing but getting worse.

I suppose I should've known better than to trust a scouser.

The only reason I voted for Andy Burnham is because he vowed to do something about the homelessness problem in the city. All i've seen so far, apart from more homeless, are posters telling us what he's going to do for the homeless. It's doing nothing but getting worse.

I suppose I should've known better than to trust a scouser.
Hes fuckin hopeless but if labour put up Gary Glitter as there mayoral candidate he’d get in.
Burnhams just another career politician isnt he ? Failed to get any sort of role in the shadow government so came oop north.

And as regards to City Centre, an utter shit pit that gets worse everytime i go

I don't go into town much, but worked at the Rem Bar for a refurb not so long ago. Early starts, and I was treated to fresh turds and duffed filled johnnies on the ground in the alleys on the walk in. Who would volunteer to clean that up!?
If the turds are all fresh, someone must be doing a good job clearing up the old ones...

Last edited:
I'm ashamed of how Manchester is these days and the only thing keeping me in this city, and even the country is my passion for MCFC.

University of Manchester students graffiti Rudyard Kipling IF poem because he is an "imperialist". It's a nice, motivating poem get a grip.

Only thing that lessens the blow of how Manchester is, is that it's happening everywhere and the country really is in a sad state of affairs both philosophically and generally.

I remember going Singapore and being blown away by how clean it was, it was a joy to walk around.
Singapore is very clean.
I had an old mate over recently and he kept going on about how clean and lovely Brisbane City centre is.
Ive lived here 30 years and Im quite proud to show people round.

Liverpool and Leeds have a far lower homelessness problem. In fact their homeless come to Manchester thinking it's a haven for the homeless.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...r-news/what-being-done-help-homeless-14203255

"Manchester has nearly twice as many rough sleepers as Birmingham and almost three times that of Liverpool"

There's a homeless fella in Chorlton (if you live there you'll know who i mean, he's the one with a fucking horrendous cough and just pisses in the street in full view of everyone!), who is from Wigan or somewhere and told a mate of mine that he stays here because people give him money not like where he was from originally.
Dont believe evevrything you read in the papers, im telling you n everyone else on this forum that Manchester is no different to anywhere else in the UK, i know for a fact that Leeds has a big homeless problem, with Mnchester most of it is based in the town centre, with other areas such as West Yorkshire the outskirts are just as bad. Anyway i was discussing how to eradicate it and saying the source of the problem is drink n drugs, and if we help people with there addictions we get rid of homelessness.

Lived in Philadelphia my whole life and it seems that the complaints of all are not just in Manchester. Our Center City has it' own clean up crew, who do a wonderful job. The same cannot be said for the rest of William Penn's "greene country towne ". It seems that the problem doesn't exist among the visitors to the city, but in its residents. I have lived in many neighborhoods in my city, from upper-middle class to the toughest patch of pavement in Philly. It's an endemic problem, I have been assaulted over the comment to clean up your mess, even pigs don't shit where they eat. It truly creates an us vs. them environment, which I, as one solitary man, thinks sucks.

I’be been to Brighton/Birmingham recently and the state of the pavements and litter problem is worse than Manchester.

Maybe an idea would be to charge a City tax on people staying over night in hotels. Most Cities have started doing this and the money could be put back into cleaning the City centre?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.