This Cesspit of a City

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It's not just fly tipping like these sites around Manchester:

img.jpg

290118flytipping5.jpg

It is also just the general things like chewing gum/vomit/piss/shit stains on pavements that look terrible, especially in a town or the city centre. Chewing gum should be banned from being sold, or at least Wrigleys and other manufacturers should buy in their own city centre cleaning teams and get the chewing gum off the pavements:

6DCC_K.jpg

6DCD_K.jpg

gordon+sock+017.JPG

That last chewing gum pic is how i imagine PEG's tactics board to look...!

I walked through NQ / Piccadilly Gardens / Market St yesterday at 9am and for the first time ever was actually scared to be in the city centre. It was horrible; pissed up / high homeless people either screaming at each other or maniacally laughing or completely out of it. Where do you even start to try to change things? A friend of mine is involved in Booth St Centre but they can only help those who want to be helped :-(

I walked through NQ / Piccadilly Gardens / Market St yesterday at 9am and for the first time ever was actually scared to be in the city centre. It was horrible; pissed up / high homeless people either screaming at each other or maniacally laughing or completely out of it. Where do you even start to try to change things? A friend of mine is involved in Booth St Centre but they can only help those who want to be helped :-(
Sounds like the Emptihad on a match day!

I wouldnt speak to you either mate :)

So you just crack a joke to avoid dealing with the point in hand?

I met loads of Mancs during my first spell here and heard the same story again, again and again. Everybody indifferent and resistant to conversation from a stranger.

I was befriended on my first night out in Failsworth and was offered the hand of friendship in Clayton pre and post match. Doesn’t happen in Clapham!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.