This has done monumental damage hasn't it

LEE BRADBURY said:
I am just pissed off we got suckered by Milan again, you know the saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, that’s how I feel right now, I think we were very naive dealing with Milan and should have covered our corner and clarified the situation before travelling ,I just think we look a bit silly travelling out there and not even speaking to the player so I don’t understand the point of the journey, and then to top it all that crooked cnut Berlusconi even beating us to breaking the story.

Anyway that is the least of our troubles now; SSN is going with the Robinho told Kaka not to come story also on the back of the first edition Mail which said it might scupper the Kaka deal which they were not to know going to print so things might get much worse.

Why the fcuk does trouble always follows us.

Whatever people say, Milan are out of their minds not to take this deal.

I don't consider it a step back or a fuck up! Yes it may cause some slagging from the press and others but know we are known throughout the world! We have attracted the best player in the world and weren't turned down until far into discussion. We saved face!

1. We just got noticed world wide.
2. It shows we will go after top players and have ambition!
3. Players will start to follow soon.
4. It could possibly just a PR ploy.
5. OR a somescreen for other key signings!

Going for Kaka before we've really done anything was always going to be a risk. We'd be under terrible pressure for the rest of this season and next if we'd got him. It might have paid off but it might not and he could have walked after we'd finished 6th or 7th next season. Then we'd look stupid.

Don't know what's happening with Robinho but we've still got Petrov and Bojinov (and maybe even Johnson) to come back in the next few weeks. More players will sign in this window and we'll finish in 6th to 8th place.

Of course everyone will have a laugh at us over this but that's nothing we've not had before. This sort of thing, as disappointing as it is, is why we love City.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Going for Kaka before we've really done anything was always going to be a risk. We'd be under terrible pressure for the rest of this season and next if we'd got him. It might have paid off but it might not and he could have walked after we'd finished 6th or 7th next season. Then we'd look stupid.

Don't know what's happening with Robinho but we've still got Petrov and Bojinov (and maybe even Johnson) to come back in the next few weeks. More players will sign in this window and we'll finish in 6th to 8th place.

Of course everyone will have a laugh at us over this but that's nothing we've not had before. This sort of thing, as disappointing as it is, is why we love City.
Totally gone of Brazilians there hard work, maybe we should try an Argie ?

Kris_Musampa said:
The pressure on Kaka was immense, and if i am honest, if i was Kaka in his situation, i would not have left either. He could only lose by coming to City and gain by staying at Milan. In all reality it was a no brainer for him.

£xyz,000 per week says you would have left!

It can never have been a "no brainer" when he was walking away from perhaps doubling his salary. Personally, I would work for *anyone* for double my salary.

He's one player. We remain loaded. We are making some good signings that strengthen us. There are two weeks left in the window. Our league form has improved with 7 from 9. We are in the final stages of a European competition. The whole world is now aware of Manchester City FC and our ambition.

Has this done monumental damage? No I don't think so.

Chippy_boy said:
Kris_Musampa said:
The pressure on Kaka was immense, and if i am honest, if i was Kaka in his situation, i would not have left either. He could only lose by coming to City and gain by staying at Milan. In all reality it was a no brainer for him.

It can never have been a "no brainer" when he was walking away from perhaps doubling his salary. Personally, I would work for *anyone* for double my salary.
You reach a point where you simply don't need more money though, so you then begin to evaluate other benefits.

With all due respect, your situation is incomparable to Kaka's: Doubling your salary would have a huge impact on your life. Doubling Kaka's salary would have absolutely no impact on his whatsoever.

And the offer wasn't going to be double his salary. Milan aren't paying him in peanuts, you know!!

Dubai Blue said:
Chippy_boy said:
Kris_Musampa said:

You reach a point where you simply don't need more money though, so you then begin to evaluate other benefits.

With all due respect, your situation is incomparable to Kaka's: Doubling your salary would have a huge impact on your life. Doubling Kaka's salary would have absolutely no impact on his whatsoever.

And the offer wasn't going to be double his salary. Milan aren't paying him in peanuts, you know!!

I agree I guess. But (allegedly) we were offering to more than double his salary.

Balti said:
He's one player. We remain loaded. We are making some good signings that strengthen us. There are two weeks left in the window. Our league form has improved with 7 from 9. We are in the final stages of a European competition. The whole world is now aware of Manchester City FC and our ambition.

Has this done monumental damage? No I don't think so.

Totally agree - we'll learn from this and get it right next time. Great people and great teams only become the greatest by learning from their mistakes and not letting it happen again.

harry the plumber said:
I think Milan will regret not taking our money just as much as we Soregret not getting Kaka.

me people are moaning about us only getting Bellamy. but Milan are having to resort to getting people like Beckham on loan!
We will still have the money tomorrow and Milan will still have a world class player amongst some ageing stars and a lot of average players.
They are third in the league and may still not qualify for the c.l.

says a lot, I know I`d rather have bellamy any day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.