This man. This unforgettable, mesmeric man.

Damocles said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glVD8heOQ5c[/youtube]

I'd love to see him there tomorrow. I will never love another person on this Earth as much as I did Gio. Life changingly good, he kept us with that beacon of light during some very dark days.

No, he's not responsible for the takeover, he'd make a shit CEO and he never scored six goals at Old Trafford but the one thing that he did do was make Maine Road beautiful again.

How I wish he could still play.

the one player I have regrets never having seen play, and someone who certainly put bums on seats.

no matter the criticisms of him and/or the team set-up during the time he gave us, he was an entertainer and a phenomenon to watch (at least compared to other players that you can see on the same YouTube compilations)

mancmackem said:
franksinatra said:
Favourite player of all time. Best dribbler I have ever seen along with Messi and Maradona. Stayed at City when the great 'man of the people' Niall quinn couldnt get out of the door fast enough.

I doubt we have had a more loyal player under such circumstances.

I was at the open day at Maine Rd the day before Niall Quinn was sold to Sunderland for £1m (was it)? I was only a kid back then but I was under the impression Alan Ball forced him out as Quinn was told he wouldn't be starting games, or is this completely wrong?

I doubt very much Quinn was prepared to stay when we went down, although I am happy to admit I could be wrong. Kinkladze on the other hand could have signed for anyone at that time. It was a tremendous act of loyalty.

I remember reading parts of Quinns autobigraphy and wasnt happy with the content about City. Moaning about Orange juice and the length of time he was allowed to stay in the hotel once he had signed.

He was ....
no cant be arsed tonight got big match on my mind tomorrow, dont want a arguement.

Anyone met/heard a team mate that hasn't said he was lazy in training and on the pitch. That he wasn't prepared to put a shift in and knuckle down when the going got tough? I haven't. They all say he fantastic when he got going - it was getting him going that was a problem.

Good to see Stuart Hall on that vid. I remember hearing his match summary on the radio in the car on the way home from Kinkladze's debut.

Something like "and what of the boy Kinkladze? Streets ahead of his team mates in both thought and deed..."

Think it sums up his City career to be honest.

daveduke67 said:
Anyone met/heard a team mate that hasn't said he was lazy in training and on the pitch. That he wasn't prepared to put a shift in and knuckle down when the going got tough? I haven't. They all say he fantastic when he got going - it was getting him going that was a problem.

Yes mate, it must have been really frustrating for for the likes of Kit Symons, Jamie Pollock, Martyn Margretson who were pullling out world class performances to be let down by Kinkladze.

franksinatra said:
daveduke67 said:

Yes mate, it must have been really frustrating for for the likes of Kit Symons, Jamie Pollock, Martyn Margretson who were pullling out world class performances to be let down by Kinkladze.
I used to go and watch them training at Platt Lane at the time and they were trying out some new weird training techniques. One of them was sprints with a little parachute attached to your back for resistance. Kinkladze wore 2 of them, no one else did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.