This Saturday - Alan Henning Tribute

Thanks. I didn't realise it was that long ago, thought it was this calendar year for some reason(as I say, no disrespect meant).

And is it on minute 10 (the 11th minute, as a poster above points out) or on 11 minutes?
I'm not 100 percent on this, however I tend to favour 11. My reason being that 10 is the start of the minute and there are 60 seconds before the 11th minute, as I say not 100% on this.

Nope. That's the 12th minute. The 1st minute of the match doesn't begin when the clock gets to 01:00.
you're technically right, but i think when people say "a minutes applause in the eleventh minute" they mean the minute that starts at 11:00, as i'm sure that number has some sort of significance

the time is midnight (both hands at the top :~) ) surely the second hand if the clock has one must complete sixty seconds before it is one minute past midnight. I cant get my head round the idea that at ten past it is 11 minutes past. It must be my age Still use a hour glass.

Would be great if they also put his photo on the scoreboard @ the same time?

All the best to you and your family for Saturday.
The club are going to put his picture up on the screens also they are doing a page or 2 in the programme lets do it for my brother Alan

Thanks everyone.

In all honesty, I don't know what the significance of the 11th minute is. My Dad will no doubt be on the blower calling me a knobhead and telling me something blatantly obvious soon though now that I've owned up.

@1961 vintage - I believe that's what they're doing.
It is being done on the 11th minute because his call sign on the taxis was 11

Spoken to a couple of Newcastle fans and supporter club members who will pass it on trip down and when they are there. Similarly he reminded me about the 17th minute applause for the Newcastle fans who died on mh17 - the way it should be both fans appreciating what people did outside of football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.