This Stoke defeat?

I certainly think it will take 90 points plus to take the title this season, but I also don't anticipate dropping six points to Chelsea again, could see at least a three point swing there.

Coupled with the 86 points we attained, winning it last season, we're always going to be right at the business end.

We may even get the wiggle room of not taking a full six-point haul from one of Spuds, Everton or United, should we somehow decide to beat Sunderland twice!!

Don't actually see us getting anything at Arsenal, but expect a win at home to Chelsea and a result in Bayern. That will have us finally moving through the gears.

We don't lack quality, just impetus.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I certainly think it will take 90 points plus to take the title this season, but I also don't anticipate dropping six points to Chelsea again, could see at least a three point swing there.

Coupled with the 86 points we attained, winning it last season, we're always going to be right at the business end.

We may even get the wiggle room of not taking a full six-point haul from one of Spuds, Everton or United, should we somehow decide to beat Sunderland twice!!

Don't actually see us getting anything at Arsenal, but expect a win at home to Chelsea and a result in Bayern. That will have us finally moving through the gears.

Aye, decent assessment except that part where you think we won't get anything from Arsenal! I expect they're going to be on the end of a hiding. Again.

Mister Appointment said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Aye, decent assessment except that part where you think we won't get anything from Arsenal! I expect they're going to be on the end of a hiding. Again.

I suspect we'll get our arses served on a plate and Welbeck will score on his debut!

Chelsea will get the hiding.

Nasri seems to have reverted to type, I see?

He has no excuses at the start of this season with no World Cup or international break to speak of, he really should be leading the way for his team-mates at present.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

We can't win it every year we have to get that into our heads sooner rather than later. United used to win it every year because they had no competition. Now quite literally 1 out of a list of teams could win it. Who would of thought we'd be being pushed by Liverpool of all teams right to the end at the start of last season. The Premier League is so much more exciting now but the cost of that is if we are to concentrate on other competitions, the Premier League might suffer.

If anyone is expecting to walk the Premier League at any point in the next 10 years, you are very wrong. It doesn't matter how much we spend, it is statistically more unlikely that you will win it the more times you do. We won it last year because we scored a ridiculous amount of goals and that set a precedent which might not necessarily be repeated. Also with the World Cup, general fitness is lower and there is more of an unlikeliness of being fired up to concentrate on a trophy that is still fresh in the minds of players.

If we got to the final/semi final of the Champions League, won a cup and came 2nd in the league, that is still a really fantastic season.

Real Madrid won the Champions League last year but finished 3rd in their league. Some would call that a failure having spent A LOT more money than Atletico who got to the final of the Champions League but also won La Liga. Chelsea won the Champions League a couple of years ago but when did they last win the league? Football just doesn't work the way you expect it to so we need to slow down the expectations and just enjoy the fact that we are even in with a chance of these competitions.

Personally I don't think we will win the league because of the competition but I really do think we'll set the Champions League on fire this year, it could be our year and I would gladly take 2nd/3rd if it meant winning it. Especially to piss on UEFA's parade when we are being sanctioned.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

He has no excuses at the start of this season with no World Cup or international break to speak of, he really should be leading the way for his team-mates at present.

Haha. I've told you on numerous occasions to leave Nasri alone!

No, you have to remember that he picked up an injury at the start of the tour of the US i believe so in terms of his fitness is as far behind as the other WC players.

Also what is this "reverted to type" shit you and DD always trot out about him! He was arguably our most improved player last season. He was certainly one of our best. And he was one of our best players the season we won the title. So that's two top seasons and one poor one under a manager who scapegoated him. His "type" therefore is excellent. :)

Fancy a little wager on the Arsenal match. Lunch says we turn them over. A draw and we'll just go dutch.

inbetween said:
We can't win it every year we have to get that into our heads sooner rather than later. United used to win it every year because they had no competition. Now quite literally 1 out of a list of teams could win it. Who would of thought we'd be being pushed by Liverpool of all teams right to the end at the start of last season. The Premier League is so much more exciting now but the cost of that is if we are to concentrate on other competitions, the Premier League might suffer.

If anyone is expecting to walk the Premier League at any point in the next 10 years, you are very wrong. It doesn't matter how much we spend, it is statistically more unlikely that you will win it the more times you do. We won it last year because we scored a ridiculous amount of goals and that set a precedent which might not necessarily be repeated. Also with the World Cup, general fitness is lower and there is more of an unlikeliness of being fired up to concentrate on a trophy that is still fresh in the minds of players.

If we got to the final/semi final of the Champions League, won a cup and came 2nd in the league, that is still a really fantastic season.

Real Madrid won the Champions League last year but finished 3rd in their league. Some would call that a failure having spent A LOT more money than Atletico who got to the final of the Champions League but also won La Liga. Chelsea won the Champions League a couple of years ago but when did they last win the league? Football just doesn't work the way you expect it to so we need to slow down the expectations and just enjoy the fact that we are even in with a chance of these competitions.

Personally I don't think we will win the league because of the competition but I really do think we'll set the Champions League on fire this year, it could be our year and I would gladly take 2nd/3rd if it meant winning it. Especially to piss on UEFA's parade when we are being sanctioned.

One of the best posts I've read this season. Good stuff.

Mister Appointment said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Haha. I've told you on numerous occasions to leave Nasri alone!

No, you have to remember that he picked up an injury at the start of the tour of the US i believe so in terms of his fitness is as far behind as the other WC players.

Also what is this "reverted to type" shit you and DD always trot out about him! He was arguably our most improved player last season. He was certainly one of our best. And he was one of our best players the season we won the title. So that's two top seasons and one poor one under a manager who scapegoated him. His "type" therefore is excellent. :)

Fancy a little wager on the Arsenal match. Lunch says we turn them over. A draw and we'll just go dutch.

So if City win 1-0, you still owe me lunch? What's your definition of 'turn them over'? My incredibly high benchmark of this term is by at least three clear goals;)

I will never bet on City to lose, can't bring myself to do that, even for a cheese 'barm' and a packet of Wotsits.

Re Nasri, he had a lot of improvement to make, one season out of three, don't cut it for me. Even Micah had one decent season.

He has a nice new contract and although I can respect his ball retention and 3-yard sideways pass, he needs to be doing even more.

We need Nasri to be scoring 10-12 Premier League goals this season, his legacy is still to be written.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mister Appointment said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I suspect we'll get our arses served on a plate and Welbeck will score on his debut!

Chelsea will get the hiding.

don't forget nasri missed 3 of the pre season games with injury, i think he only played 3 45 mins of pre season
so cut the lad a bit of slack

Mister Appointment said:
inbetween said:

One of the best posts I've read this season. Good stuff.
+1

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We need Nasri to be scoring 10-12 Premier League goals this season, his legacy is still to be written.

Yeah on that we both agree and I believe he'd agree too.

We just have to beat Arsenal by any margin for it to be on. Then again judging by how little you eat these days I'm happy to say i'll buy lunch whoever wins!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.