This Stoke defeat?

Mister Appointment said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We need Nasri to be scoring 10-12 Premier League goals this season, his legacy is still to be written.

Yeah on that we both agree and I believe he'd agree too.

We just have to beat Arsenal by any margin for it to be on. Then again judging by how little you eat these days I'm happy to say i'll buy lunch whoever wins!
Problem is Nasri cannot play against Arsenal away because they boo him and he might cwy....

I'm afraid Nasri is still on the naughty step for me, too. He hasn't played well since he returned from injury last spring.

Same old Nasri, foot on the ball, look backwards, too many touches, in the main. I've said it before, my guess is that the manager knows he's a confidence player and is waiting for him to play himself back to form. I'll bet you Navas isn't happy about it, though.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I certainly think it will take 90 points plus to take the title this season, but I also don't anticipate dropping six points to Chelsea again, could see at least a three point swing there.

Coupled with the 86 points we attained, winning it last season, we're always going to be right at the business end.

We may even get the wiggle room of not taking a full six-point haul from one of Spuds, Everton or United, should we somehow decide to beat Sunderland twice!!

Don't actually see us getting anything at Arsenal, but expect a win at home to Chelsea and a result in Bayern. That will have us finally moving through the gears.

We don't lack quality, just impetus.

Beating Chelsea at home is an absolute must, and to be honest I would take a win at home and defeat away now so it's all even.

4 points from Arsenal and Chelsea should be the priority with a draw at Arsenal and a win at home to Chelsea, any less than that then for me we are not living up to Champions status.

I don't expect anything at Bayern, for me they are the outstanding team in Europe this season and if we get a point it's as good as a win in my opinion.

I have already posted my thoughts on the post match thread.

However some posters seem to be worried about other teams copying Stokes tactics at the Etihad & us coming un-stuck.

Stokes tactics are nothing new & we have had 95% teams in the last 3 seasons playing this way at our ground & even away.

The difference is we normally come out on top, Stoke to a man defended really well & we had an off day, i myself am not concerned we will continue our brilliant home form - i am confident of that.

On a side note how Jones & Smalling amongst other defenders like Chambers & Stones get in the England squad over a consistent long term performer like Shawcross (My Man of the match on Sat) is beyond me.

Anyway onwards & upwards Blues.

C.T.I.D

Mister Appointment said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We need Nasri to be scoring 10-12 Premier League goals this season, his legacy is still to be written.

We just have to beat Arsenal by any margin for it to be on. Then again judging by how little you eat these days I'm happy to say i'll buy lunch whoever wins!

Haha!

Don't worry, will gladly shout you a protein-packed steak at Manchester's one decent restaurant if City do the business!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mister Appointment said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Haha!

Don't worry, will gladly shout you a protein-packed steak at Manchester's one decent restaurant if City do the business!

Shit what happened to the other one?

adrianr said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mister Appointment said:

Haha!

Shit what happened to the other one?

McDonald's doesn't count!

Carlos obviously got Gaucho on a good day!

citymad said:
It doesn't help that Chelseas squad looks incredibly strong and have a look of invincibility while Liverpools improvement looks to have carried on from last season. Still have a concern about our ability to concentrate for 95 mins also worry about where Yaya's head is at the moment.Really could have done without that ridiculous fiasco in the pre season. Not blaming him entirely of course but the sooner he puts in an epic performance the better it will be for everyone.

he's not right that's for certain.

I'm not down. I've just learned to avoid this place at all costs for several days after any loss whether it be to Stoke or Real Madrid. The only thing that happens is posters look for players they dislike to blame or the manager if they don't like the manager. Sometimes someone freshens it up and goes after an executive or even the owner, but that's rarer. And of course, there's a reason to drag out every old grudge. Again.

Things like the last game happen. It's a long season and I'm not too fussed. I think it's telling that the only thing that gave me a moment's pause was the conscious thought of having to specifically not come to Bluemoon and what that says about how poorly the forum as a whole tends to take any setback.

porkchopsaplenty said:
I have already posted my thoughts on the post match thread.

However some posters seem to be worried about other teams copying Stokes tactics at the Etihad & us coming un-stuck.

Stokes tactics are nothing new & we have had 95% teams in the last 3 seasons playing this way at our ground & even away.

The difference is we normally come out on top, Stoke to a man defended really well & we had an off day, i myself am not concerned we will continue our brilliant home form - i am confident of that.

On a side note how Jones & Smalling amongst other defenders like Chambers & Stones get in the England squad over a consistent long term performer like Shawcross (My Man of the match on Sat) is beyond me.

Anyway onwards & upwards Blues.

C.T.I.D

Whilst I agree about Jones, Smalling and Shawcross, I do think defenders can standout more when playing in a tight unit team, it's when they play in a team that is expected or plays a more expansive football game and in result has to deal with a lot more one on ones and become more tactically aware or his surrounding because he doesn't have his teammates tight around him to help him out.

I thought when Shawcross made his debut against England against Sweden, Zlatan and co took him apart and he looked well out of his depth.

It's like some strikers who score a shed load for a mid table side yet when they go to a top side they in result have to play against parked buses most weeks and for that they struggle because they have been so used to having space to run into.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.