This Stoke defeat?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mister Appointment said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We need Nasri to be scoring 10-12 Premier League goals this season, his legacy is still to be written.

Yeah on that we both agree and I believe he'd agree too.

We just have to beat Arsenal by any margin for it to be on. Then again judging by how little you eat these days I'm happy to say i'll buy lunch whoever wins!

Haha!

Don't worry, will gladly shout you a protein-packed steak at Manchester's one decent restaurant if City do the business!

Super.

On Arsenal, isn't it time that Sami put that hoodoo behind him, and put in a MOTM performance? They do get under his skin but he's got to harness that and use it in the right way. Not get anxious in the way he does and start snatching at everything and trying to do too much.

He's certainly due a goal against them.

Its a weird one as I was really calm afterwards and I was fucking apopletic for weeks after Wigan & Sunderland last year. For what its worth against Stoke I thought we played quite well, Stoke were absolutely superb defensively and we conceded an absolute fluke goal, which Joe Hart was badly at fault for. On another day the Toure chance before half time goes in and we win 3-0 without reaching 2nd gear. I also thought stewing over the loss for 2 weeks will mean we absolutely roar into the cockney pretenders in the next couple of league games.

Selling Negredo on the other hand pissed me right off.

taconinja said:
I'm not down. I've just learned to avoid this place at all costs for several days after any loss whether it be to Stoke or Real Madrid. The only thing that happens is posters look for players they dislike to blame or the manager if they don't like the manager. Sometimes someone freshens it up and goes after an executive or even the owner, but that's rarer. And of course, there's a reason to drag out every old grudge. Again.

Things like the last game happen. It's a long season and I'm not too fussed. I think it's telling that the only thing that gave me a moment's pause was the conscious thought of having to specifically not come to Bluemoon and what that says about how poorly the forum as a whole tends to take any setback.

I'd hazard a guess that if you went on a Bayern Munich/Barcelona/Real Madrid forum after a home defeat to a mid-table team you'd read much the same thing. It's called being a big club, and big clubs don't like it when they lose games they shouldn't lose.

hgblue said:
taconinja said:
I'm not down. I've just learned to avoid this place at all costs for several days after any loss whether it be to Stoke or Real Madrid. The only thing that happens is posters look for players they dislike to blame or the manager if they don't like the manager. Sometimes someone freshens it up and goes after an executive or even the owner, but that's rarer. And of course, there's a reason to drag out every old grudge. Again.

Things like the last game happen. It's a long season and I'm not too fussed. I think it's telling that the only thing that gave me a moment's pause was the conscious thought of having to specifically not come to Bluemoon and what that says about how poorly the forum as a whole tends to take any setback.

I'd hazard a guess that if you went on a Bayern Munich/Barcelona/Real Madrid forum after a home defeat to a mid-table team you'd read much the same thing. It's called being a big club, and big clubs don't like it when they lose games they shouldn't lose.
Of course they don't like losing, and I never said they did. I've been on those and there's a difference. Usually the "big clubs" forums are a bit biased in favor of their players and manage, sometimes to a silly extent. But the forums don't have a high number of individuals generally (bar a complete collapse of the club's chances at a major trophy or a league title) trotting out their least favorite players to "prove" how awful they've always been or how they were right all along about the manager.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm afraid Nasri is still on the naughty step for me, too. He hasn't played well since he returned from injury last spring.

Same old Nasri, foot on the ball, look backwards, too many touches, in the main. I've said it before, my guess is that the manager knows he's a confidence player and is waiting for him to play himself back to form. I'll bet you Navas isn't happy about it, though.

Except, from the point of his return from injury to the end of season game against West Ham last season, he scored 7 goals and made 5 assists with multiple games of 7 key passes or more in the last few weeks. That would suggest to me that he was okay and was quite influential in some of his games.

Unless i'm misunderstanding you, and your point is that he hasn't been playing well since his return from his recent injury in pre-season. If that is your point, then i can kind of understand. However, we are only three games in. And Nasri has played okay in the first, performed well in the second and looked just as bad as our other creative players in the third, so even then, its a stretch for me to come out and say i fully understand your point, because to me, you're being unreasonable, and a bit of a dick.

taconinja said:
hgblue said:
taconinja said:

Of course they don't like losing, and I never said they did. I've been on those and there's a difference. Usually the "big clubs" forums are a bit biased in favor of their players and manage, sometimes to a silly extent. But the forums don't have a high number of individuals generally (bar a complete collapse of the club's chances at a major trophy or a league title) trotting out their least favorite players to "prove" how awful they've always been or how they were right all along about the manager.

Fair enough, that last bit is definitely Bluemoon to a tee ;).

hgblue said:
taconinja said:
hgblue said:

Fair enough, that last bit is definitely Bluemoon to a tee ;).
Don't get me wrong. I still enjoy the forum. It's just not for a few days after a loss and often a draw. :)

Train said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm afraid Nasri is still on the naughty step for me, too. He hasn't played well since he returned from injury last spring.

Same old Nasri, foot on the ball, look backwards, too many touches, in the main. I've said it before, my guess is that the manager knows he's a confidence player and is waiting for him to play himself back to form. I'll bet you Navas isn't happy about it, though.

Except, from the point of his return from injury to the end of season game against West Ham last season, he scored 7 goals and made 5 assists with multiple games of 7 key passes or more in the last few weeks. That would suggest to me that he was okay and was quite influential in some of his games.

Unless i'm misunderstanding you, and your point is that he hasn't been playing well since his return from his recent injury in pre-season. If that is your point, then i can kind of understand. However, we are only three games in. And Nasri has played okay in the first, performed well in the second and looked just as bad as our other creative players in the third, so even then, its a stretch for me to come out and say i fully understand your point, because to me, you're being unreasonable, and a bit of a dick.

I'm not bothered about the stats, mate. I'm giving an opinion from watching him. He came back last Februaryish from an injury, after having the first run of proper form since he arrived in the first third of last season. He actually came back quite well and scored a couple of times in the first couple of games but then for the rest of the year his form was inconsistant at best, poor at worst. He's started this season the same.

There have only been three months in his entire City career when he's played at the top of his form, so he can do it, and does it in little fits and starts. But not often enough again, just like his first two years. If he doesn't get back to consstency again soon he may have to be dropped. In my opinion of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.