This transfer window/Marwood

larderland

iv been biting my tongue for the last 3months of the summer regarding our transfer activity taken care of by marwood and his 'team'

We must at this point probably have the worst negotiating team possible in the league. i dont care or necessarily want 30million pound signings.its the way we go about them that really scares me.

Either marwood is terrible at his job or isnt getting the support he needs.
we can all tell that mancini is fuming over this summers activities.And dont give me this were champions blahblahblah bullcrap. Its a small club mentality. barcelona bought sanchez and fabregas the year they won the treble.

United have bought the best striker and attacking midfielder from their respective leagues last year and lets not forget we won the league with 2 minutes to go. we have no acceptable cb cover at all. if kompany got an injury like vidic last year you can deliver the league trophy to old trafford before the season ends cos savic and kolo arent upto the job.

and why on gods name are we being linked with players such as sinclair,maicon etc?wtf?are we a mid table team now?

I remember when cook got the sack ppl where cheering for joy but its no coincidence since he left that the only relatively big signing we have made is rodwell

HE brought in silva,tevez,yaya etc

People say its ffps fault were not spending,that is bullshit. We were ready to spend 35 million on hazard.
How did a player that visited our club as we beat the rags and brought him house hunting end up at a club that didnt even show interest in him until june and get the deal done pretty quickly?

What about rvp? lost out on that one also

De rossi?what in gods name were we doing putting so much time and effort into a player that was NEVER going to leave.

Also missed out on him.

our out goings...

embarrassing-adebayor,why did it take 3months to get rid of him?weve known for a year and a half that he was leaving and we end up with pennies for him

Weiss-has had 2 successful loan spells with numerous clubs looking for him but yet we sell him once again for pennies

RSC-known for ages he had no future and hes still at the club for which the club will recieve no fee if/when he leaves.

bridge-on loan to briighton were we are paying most of his wages-wtf?

ppl might think im overeacting but i think we will really regret the decision to stand still in this transfer market and its something that seriously needs to be reviewed because this window is quickly becoming terrible

I think you're right mate.

Not sure what's gone on.

If it is a case of simply missing out on targets then fair enough, we do have a great squad and some players ala Hazard want a guaranteed starting place.

It's probably the talk of 'bombs' etc that got everyone excited. We really did need 1 or 2 more quality players in the midfield and defence.

Whether Marwood is fully to blame I'm not sure.

larderland said:
iv been biting my tongue for the last 3months of the summer regarding our transfer activity taken care of by marwood and his 'team'

We must at this point probably have the worst negotiating team possible in the league. i dont care or necessarily want 30million pound signings.its the way we go about them that really scares me.

we can all tell that mancini is fuming over this summers activities.And dont give me this were champions blahblahblah bullcrap. Its a small club mentality. barcelona bought sanchez and fabregas the year they won the treble.

United have bought the best striker and attacking midfielder from their respective leagues last year and lets not forget we won the league with 2 minutes to go. we have no acceptable cb cover at all. if kompany got an injury like vidic last year you can deliver the league trophy to old trafford before the season ends cos savic and kolo arent upto the job.

and why on gods name are we being linked with players such as sinclair,maicon etc?wtf?are we a mid table team now?

I remember when cook got the sack ppl where cheering for joy but its no coincidence since he left that the only relatively big signing we have made is rodwell

People say its ffps fault were not spending,that is bullshit. We were ready to spend 35 million on hazard.
How did a player that visited our club as we beat the rags and brought him house hunting end up at a club that didnt even show interest in him until june and get the deal done pretty quickly?

De rossi?what in gods name were we doing putting so much time and effort into a player that was NEVER going to leave.

Also missed out on him.

our out goings...

embarrassing-adebayor,why did it take 3months to get rid of him?weve known for a year and a half that he was leaving and we end up with pennies for him

Weiss-has had 2 successful loan spells with numerous clubs looking for him but yet we sell him once again for pennies

RSC-known for ages he had no future and hes still at the club for which the club will recieve no fee if/when he leaves.

ppl might think im overeacting but i think we will really regret the decision to stand still in this transfer market and its something that seriously needs to be reviewed because this window is quickly becoming terrible
That about sums it up.

Sack everyone I say and start from scratch.

Pigeonho said:
larderland said:

Also missed out on him.

our out goings...

That about sums it up.

Sack everyone I say and start from scratch.

well see come may wont we?hopefully your right and im wrong.

never seen premier champions recruit so little or so badly after winnin a league

Good post,and the warning signs are there already with thankfully aguero only missing a couple of games,were as it could have been six or seven months,what if that had been say kompany or yaya ....

It's not so much the transfer fees as the wages. Hazard and RvP wanted 200k. Only part of the transfer fee will be shown on the FFP, i.e. 35 mill over 5 years would mean 7 mill every year. That wouldnt really trouble us as we can increase revenue. However we won't be able to reduce their wages once the contract is signed. So we need to be careful just incase we have another Adebayor, Bridge, Tevez situation arise.

I think the thread is totally relevant.

I dont agree with the outgoings bit as we have created our own monster with the wages we pay and getting rid of these players was always going to be difficult.

I completely agree with the incoming bit. The need for defensive cover was screaming out last year when both Lescott and Kompany were needlessly risked in a europa league game and it almost cost us big time. Surely we have identified more than Agger as cover.

Mancini wants us competing in the CL and yet we have added nothing of any note to help us achieve that. Rodwell/Sinclair (if it happens) are squad additions but are they better than Johnson and De Jong who they are likely to replace?

Yaya going to the Acon wont help again either. We could be left with Barry/Milner and Rodwell. Risky!

7 Days left to sort it out.

Would not surprise me if Begiristain replaces Marwood when Soriano enters the corridors of power. Experienced in the director of football role, identifying top players and closing deals to sign them.

From earlier this year:

Former Barcelona Director of Football Txiki Begiristain is considering offers from Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester City, as he mulls over a prospective move to England, reports talkSPORT.

According to Catalan newspaper Sport, the 47-year-old, who enjoyed a successful seven-year spell at the Camp Nou, has been identified by three of the Premier League's leading clubs as the man to take them to the next level.

Begiristain oversaw a series of massive transfer coups at Barcelona, including deals which brought Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho to Spain, and is widely regarded as a major driving force behind the La Liga club's current standing as the greatest team in the world.

Marwood is not even in his league and as a club surely we want the very best.

We will sign 2 more players but young like jack rodwell. We wont splash the cash ever again like we used to and also i am happy with the team we have because they will get even better its a young team. Yeah we do need a cb but it will happen. If marwood gave ade 170+ a week and bridge 90k he should be sacked!! Or was that cook

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.