This video sums up perfectly what it’s like being a blue.

Very good!

However, - just like my criticism with Pep when he talks about the fans and the club’s history - City and City fans are so much more than just that journey from the third tier to the top now. So much more!

That period of our history in the third tier, even the yo-yo years from 1983 to 2002, we’re just a small snippet of time for us. For most of the rest of the time we have been one of the major clubs of this country.

That isn’t talked about anywhere near enough by anyone connected to City, neither fans nor people like Pep.

I don’t know why, in response to the boring ’no history’ narrative, City fans never counter with 1904, 1934, 1937, 1956, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1976……
Indeed! Nobody says it enough, City fans especially!

You don’t get to being 6th for most years in the top flight, just one place lower than United; 6th in the all-time league table, just two places behind United; 6th in the all-time average finishing position table, just two places below United; 5th for all-time trophies won; 8th for all-time average attendance; 6th in the all-time highest average attendance, above Liverpool; hold the record for the biggest home attendance outside Wembley, with multiple attendances in the top 25 all-time attendances in England…

…if you haven't been one of the top clubs in English football history.

Very good!

However, - just like my criticism with Pep when he talks about the fans and the club’s history - City and City fans are so much more than just that journey from the third tier to the top now. So much more!

That period of our history in the third tier, even the yo-yo years from 1983 to 2002, we’re just a small snippet of time for us. For most of the rest of the time we have been one of the major clubs of this country.

That isn’t talked about anywhere near enough by anyone connected to City, neither fans nor people like Pep.
I always use the "all time" points total, which City comfortably occupy as a top six position despite the 90s, and comfortably occupied a top ten position well before the money came in as well. Manchester, Liverpool and the North East (6/10) are obviously overrepresented for pretty straightforward historical reasons, so anyone who thinks City don't have history - in the most basic sense - really doesn't understand the history of the nation or the history of the sport. It's really that simple to me. https://www.myfootballfacts.com/england_footy/football-league/all-time_top_flight_points_table/

Indeed! Nobody says it enough, City fans especially!

You don’t get to being 6th for most years in the top flight, just one place lower than United; 6th in the all-time league table, just two places behind United; 6th in the all-time average finishing position table, just two places below United; 5th for all-time trophies won; 8th for all-time average attendance; 6th in the all-time highest average attendance, above Liverpool; hold the record for the biggest home attendance outside Wembley, with multiple attendances in the top 25 all-time attendances in England…

…if you haven't been one of the top clubs in English football history.
Should have scrolled more! I see you use similar arguments. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.