This weekends other Prem Games 06-08 Dec

What was that then at west ham?..announcer just said on the tannoy twice "Mr (missed his name) has just left the stadium",and a cheer went up.

jimharri said:
Cracking header by the Wurlitzer man there.

It's weird for a player who once cost £35 million, but I feel he's actually underrated. All his injuries haven't helped, but when he's fit he actually looks a decent striker. Not a £35 million striker, clearly not - but that wasn't his fault.

Henkeman said:
jimharri said:

It's weird for a player who once cost £35 million, but I feel he's actually underrated. All his injuries haven't helped, but when he's fit he actually looks a decent striker. Not a £35 million striker, clearly not - but that wasn't his fault.
Agreed; he didn't set the fee. God knows what the fuck Dalglish (think it was him) was thinking of when they agreed the fee with the barcodes. Fat Mike must have laughed his bollocks off.

pudge said:
Montero plays like I would love Navas to.
There's a reason we only paid £16m for Navas and by 27 years old nobody big had gone in for him before we came along.

He's alright, fits in fairly well in our team and has had some great games, but he's just alright for a top side like us.

jimharri said:
Henkeman said:
jimharri said:

Agreed; he didn't set the fee. God knows what the fuck Dalglish (think it was him) was thinking of when they agreed the fee with the barcodes. Fat Mike must have laughed his bollocks off.

As I understand it, the deal they did with Newcastle was that they would pay £15 million less than whatever they got for Torres. So when it turned out to be £50 million for that one, that's why it was such a crazy amount. Whoever was responsible for that agreement should have been taken out and shot, anyone with any commercial nous whatsoever knows that in those types of deals you set a ceiling figure, just in case someone offers you stupid money.

Henkeman said:
jimharri said:

No I agree. If he could get fit then I think he is a good player. No where near 35 million, especially back then when taking into account inflation would be closer to 60 million now.

KippaxCitizen said:
pudge said:
Montero plays like I would love Navas to.
There's a reason we only paid £16m for Navas and by 27 years old nobody big had gone in for him before we came along.

He's alright, fits in fairly well in our team and has had some great games, but he's just alright for a top side like us.
He seems very reluctant to try to beat his man. How many times does he have a one against one with the opposing FB, and he'll try to get half a yard to get the cross in, rather than try to dribble past the defender? I'm sure he has the skill to do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.