This weekends other Prem Games 06-08 Dec

Bruun said:
I thought a red card should be dealed with immidiately and that the ref can't let the game go on if a red card is waiting.
I don't think so. Remember a similar thing happened with Wickham last year. A great decision for me and more refs should do the same. A shame, because nobody likes seeing teams go down to 10.

EDIT
LOL. Now looking at the replays it was a handball before the foul. Very lucky.

pudge said:
Shocking from the ref, how can he have denied a clear goal scoring opportunity when Sakho got a shot away?

He played advantage, Sakho got to the ball, shot and missed. Plus, Williams pushed him into Fabianski.

Never a red and you can't have it both ways by playing advantage, getting the advantage AND then giving a free kick

Had someone followed up and hit the ball in when it hit the post, I wonder what he'd have decided?

Henkeman said:
KippaxCitizen said:
But he didn't deny the goal scoring opportunity...?!

He did though - without the block he would have walked it into the net.
I think the ball was going in the direction it went in whether he was fouled or not so the shot would have been from the same area anyway and he still had the opportunity to score.

pudge said:
Shocking from the ref, how can he have denied a clear goal scoring opportunity when Sakho got a shot away?

He played advantage, Sakho got to the ball, shot and missed. Plus, Williams pushed him into Fabianski.

Never a red and you can't have it both ways by playing advantage, getting the advantage AND then giving a free kick

Yes, you can - it's in the laws. If it had gone in, then no red card would have applied. It didn't so it does. Foy is applying the laws correctly.

Henkeman said:
pudge said:

Yes, you can - it's in the laws. If it had gone in, then no red card would have applied. It didn't so it does. Foy is applying the laws correctly.
But it's not "denying the goal", it's "denying the goalscoring opportunity".

The ref followed laid down procedure.

As a aside I don't think teams should be allowed to bring on a sub keeper if the original is red carded.

KippaxCitizen said:
Henkeman said:
pudge said:

But it's not denying the goal, it's denying the goalscoring opportunity.

He was impeded and he clearly felt he would have scored had he not been fouled. He has that option to go back and award the free kick and the red card.

Henkeman said:
pudge said:

Except he didn't by not giving a free kick for the handball, so...

Additionally, as Sakho was pushed by Williams into Fabianski then it wasn't the latter who fouled him, so....

Either way you look at it Foy's an idiot.

He must also take into account the likelihood of gaining control of the ball, which Sakho did, it was not necessary to shot as soon as he did.

As well as the number of defenders, which was 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.