This weekends other Prem Games 06-08 Dec

jimharri said:
KippaxCitizen said:
pudge said:
Montero plays like I would love Navas to.
There's a reason we only paid £16m for Navas and by 27 years old nobody big had gone in for him before we came along.

He's alright, fits in fairly well in our team and has had some great games, but he's just alright for a top side like us.
He seems very reluctant to try to beat his man. How many times does he have a one against one with the opposing FB, and he'll try to get half a yard to get the cross in, rather than try to dribble past the defender? I'm sure he has the skill to do it.

Down to our tactics. Dennis Tueart gave a very plausible answer last night in the post match phone- in on Radio Manchester.

jimharri said:
KippaxCitizen said:
pudge said:
Montero plays like I would love Navas to.
There's a reason we only paid £16m for Navas and by 27 years old nobody big had gone in for him before we came along.

He's alright, fits in fairly well in our team and has had some great games, but he's just alright for a top side like us.
He seems very reluctant to try to beat his man. How many times does he have a one against one with the opposing FB, and he'll try to get half a yard to get the cross in, rather than try to dribble past the defender? I'm sure he has the skill to do it.
He probably does but it might be a confidence thing; he's worried that if he takes the chance to take the man on and he loses it he'll disappoint his teammates and fans, so he plays the safer game.

Look at the instinctive finish for he goal in the early seconds of the game v Spurs last season and the sprint and pass to Kun for the opening goal at Arsenal this season. Two examples of him not having the time to psyche himself out of taking the chance.

There could be a lot more come from Navas if he was brave enough to express himself more.

But he didn't deny the goal scoring opportunity...?!

Quinn creaming himself over Carroll, his header was going wide til the defender got involved.

I thought a red card should be dealed with immidiately and that the ref can't let the game go on if a red card is waiting.

Shocking from the ref, how can he have denied a clear goal scoring opportunity when Sakho got a shot away?

He played advantage, Sakho got to the ball, shot and missed. Plus, Williams pushed him into Fabianski.

Never a red and you can't have it both ways by playing advantage, getting the advantage AND then giving a free kick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.