This weekends other Prem Games 30-31 Aug2014

taconinja said:
IH8MUFC said:
SebastianBlue said:
Their back four are too timid for this level—I've counted four or five times now where they could have easily played it out but decided rather to clear indiscriminately straight to a united player at halfway. They'll be punished once they play a decent team.
So you have been counting but don't remember if it's 4 or 5 times :-p

None of their midfielders are showing for the ball when the defenders have it.
It's weird. I look at Burnley and ask myself what is their on-pitch philosophy. It's one of the rare instances where I simply can't tell what they're at least trying to do. I'm not sure they have any kind of plan other than hope.
Their tactics are clearly defend deep. Then long balls and get on the second ball.

So far it's working they have had 4 good scoring opportunities. The rags have had 1.

IH8MUFC said:
taconinja said:
IH8MUFC said:

It's weird. I look at Burnley and ask myself what is their on-pitch philosophy. It's one of the rare instances where I simply can't tell what they're at least trying to do. I'm not sure they have any kind of plan other than hope.
Their tactics are clearly defend deep. Then long balls and get on the second ball.

So far it's working they have had 4 good scoring opportunities. The rags have had 1.
I agree that's likely their tactic, and what they're doing is kinda sorta working as they're facing an awful defense, but why aren't their midfielders showing for the ball as you suggested? Probably they're just bad, but at least they're not up against quality and being punished. :)

IH8MUFC said:
taconinja said:
IH8MUFC said:

Unfortunately, the only reason it has been so far marginally effective is because of Van Gaal's fetish with a back three, regardless of whether they have the players for it.

Once they play the Aston Villas, Stoke Citys, and West Hams the tactic will be found wanting.

taconinja said:
pikku said:
taconinja said:
Because it's Real Madrid. Also I don't think he was their best player last season. He just happened to fluke some consistent form at the end.
Nah,i think he was good along with modric,both of them work incredibly off the ball too..Just hoping that di maria will be shit for united though..
Don't get me wrong. He's good. He's just inconsistent. I think Modric was their player of the season this past year.
Modric was immense for real,i.agree.

IH8MUFC said:
pikku said:
Di maria looking good,how could real madrid let him go when he was their best player last season.
It's real madrid. Di Maria doesn't sell enough shirts in Asia. For what it's worth Ancolotti didn't want him to leave.

Can't think why not.

20syjom.jpg

United are starting to realise how difficult it is when teams have a pop - now they don't stand off them and put weak teams out :)

Unbelievable how poor united look. Any of the bigger clubs would've been a few goals ahead by now. Still think they'll get a jammy 1-0 deflected goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.