This weeks other champions league games

cska can do one after the fiasco they created with us, odious twats. i don't care if a win for them increases the prospect of us getting an easier team in the next round. hope bayern stuff em even more

CSKA have opened them up a few times, just a shame they can't finish. Think Bayern are playing within themselves tho.

steviemc said:
CSKA have opened them up a few times, just a shame they can't finish. Think Bayern are playing within themselves tho.
I know this is going to sound crazy, but I am still not convinced about this Bayern compared to last years. Pep likes to play players in strange positions and they are giving away so many chances. Dortmund did not even play well on the weekend, but they had several chances too. Kroos has incredible potential with an unbelievable passing range, but still not what he should be defensively. Thiago is just not good enough defensively at all and needs to improve a lot. They are still favourites, because they have so many fantastic players and a great mentality, but would not be shocked if Madrid or City knocked them out.

supercrystal7 said:
steviemc said:
I know this is going to sound crazy, but I am still not convinced about this Bayern compared to last years. Pep likes to play players in strange positions and they are giving away so many chances. Dortmund did not even play well on the weekend, but they had several chances too. Kroos has incredible potential with an unbelievable passing range, but still not what he should be defensively. Thiago is just not good enough defensively at all and needs to improve a lot. They are still favourites, because they have so many fantastic players and a great mentality, but would not be shocked if Madrid or City knocked them out.
That's certainly possible, they've looked shaky at the back tonight. CSKA got themselves into some good positions but then took the wrong option with the final ball a fair few times.

steviemc said:
supercrystal7 said:
steviemc said:
That's certainly possible, they've looked shaky at the back tonight. CSKA got themselves into some good positions but then took the wrong option with the final ball a fair few times.

The injury situation will be different then. And do not forget that e.g. Thiago until now did not have time to adapt to the team too much... We are in December not in April or May. Before that Bayern might not meet. And Real - Lahm always had Ronaldo in his pocket...

Maybe some should not forget that Bayern plays without Schweinsteiger, Ribery - partly without Lahm tonight - with a very young central midfield, with new players in crucial positions etc.
And Bayern has Müller and Robben who somehow can score the crucial goals even in bad matches out of nothing...

And do not forget - Moscow in December on a bad ground... - ain't the best ground for ball possession football...

Maldeika said:
steviemc said:
supercrystal7 said:

The injury situation will be different then. And do not forget that e.g. Thiago until now did not have time to adapt to the team too much... We are in December not in April or May. Before that Bayern might not meet. And Real - Lahm always had Ronaldo in his pocket...
True Schweinsteiger and Ribery will be back which will greatly improve things, but don't bet on Lahm playing right back. As you said there is a while until the quarters, which is realistically the earliest they can meet the bigger teams.

EDIT
I agree with everything you have edited in, but we will see what teams Pep picks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.