This weeks other champions league games

supercrystal7 said:
Armaan said:
EaglesFan said:
Yea...it's a close call though...very close.
It would be a huge score as both teams are weak at the back but think the Barca team was slightly better.
For me the Bayern team are better. They are stronger at the back and have more variation. As good as the Barca team was they could never really dominate Chelsea due to the latter's physicality. In 2009 they were extremely lucky to go through. This Bayern team is more complete. They have a much better keeper and better defenders. Schweinsteiger and Martinez could still come back into this team.

This is what I was aiming at too...somehow - this Bayern team does feel more complete. Chelsea exploited Barca's lack of versatility (aerial presence and wing play, namely) to beat them in the CL finals...later some other teams copied this approach...and "tiki-taka" has not been as effective since.

Like I said, very close call with myself giving Bayern a slight advantage.

bitsmith said:
EaglesFan said:
citytill1die84 said:

I don't think I've EVER seen a stronger team than this Bayern...yes, Barca from 3 yrs ago included.

They will walk straight through this competition.

everyone thought that last year too.
No they didn't. Last season Pep's tactics had big flaws and a lot of people predicted the Madrid game. This season it has taken him some time and more experimenting, but he has corrected his tactical errors and the team look ridiculously strong again. They always had the best squad in the world for me.

MCFC1993 said:
Thank you Bayern, now if you could do that in 2 weeks time we'd appreciate it.
Agreed do that and then you can rest your players for the last two games.

How long can the Champs League survive?

How many teams have a realistic chance of winning it? How long can people keep watching the likes of Maribor and Bate get leathered?

It just seems all a bit of a set-up. Good teams beat shit teams then they play the lottery from the quarter-final stage onwards.

I say lottery because no-one has won in 2 years running so unless they inentionally share it amongst themselves, the margins are that small between the elite its usually a pen shootout or a ref that decides it

supercrystal7 said:
bitsmith said:
EaglesFan said:
I don't think I've EVER seen a stronger team than this Bayern...yes, Barca from 3 yrs ago included.

They will walk straight through this competition.

everyone thought that last year too.
No they didn't. Last season Pep's tactics had big flaws and a lot of people predicted the Madrid game. This season it has taken him some time and more experimenting, but he has corrected his tactical errors and the team look ridiculously strong again. They always had the best squad in the world for me.

They also have the advantage of having their domestic league won already

Just a quick one for the betting people out there.

A quid or two on Anderlecht to win might be worth it. They are unbeaten all season in their domestic league and though they struggled in the CL, Arsenal have a shedload of injuries, a makeshift defence and their 3rd choice keeper in net. Added to this, it's in Belgium.

Might be worth a punt if anybody is looking for a decent long shot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.