Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

Not sure why not to have a German, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian, Argentine, etc. to coach England. English coaches are wankers (ok, current English coaches because there were some good ones in the past). Regarding Tuchel, there is no rivalry anymore between Germany and England. It was for a short period in the past, and now doesn’t exist. There is no comparison between what Germany achieved at the international level and what England did. International football is changing, and it won’t be a surprise to see a European in charge of Brazil’s national team because of their extended failures with Brazilian coaches. Not long ago, Brazilians, who are so proud of themselves when it comes to football, were talking to Ancelotti (https://www.football-espana.net/2024/01/02/real-madrid-manager-carlo-ancelotti-confirms-brazil-talks-coaching-the-national-team-is-hugely-exciting#:~:text=He did confirm he had,thank him for his interest). Now, here is a true rivalry between Brazil and Italy, yet the Brazilians talked with Ancelotti. That said, in my opinion, Tuchel is not a good choice, not because he is German but because he is not good PERIOD. But I am still curious to see how he will manage the English team.
All that writing just to say he’s sh*t:)

I didn't know it. As far as I was concerned he's Irish because he played for them.

Do you think it's unpatriotic having a non English manager for the national side? If so who would you have picked as there doesn't seem to be a lot of high profile English coaches with the experience to take it on.
The only time I turn into a nationalist is when an England team is being represented in sports but in answer to your question how can it be patriotic having a German in charge of an England team?

I think Carsley or Potter. Southgate was an underwhelming appointment but even though I wasn't a fan, he did better than any English manager in my lifetime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.