Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

All those cameras focused on him at his first game in charge, seeing if he sings the anthem. All together now....

"Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt..."
As he wasn’t born in Birmingham, I’m not sure there will be that much attention on it tbh.

The only time I turn into a nationalist is when an England team is being represented in sports but in answer to your question how can it be patriotic having a German in charge of an England team?

I think Carsley or Potter. Southgate was an underwhelming appointment but even though I wasn't a fan, he did better than any English manager in my lifetime.
Fair enough.

I would have thought Potter would have been the cheaper option for the FA.

All those cameras focused on him at his first game in charge, seeing if he sings the anthem. All together now....

"Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt..."
Some in the City are still waiting for our Teutonic allies to ride over the hill with promised forces to rescue us on Black Wednesday. Alas currency speculators like Joe Lewis made a killing at this county's expense instead - good of him to bankroll spurs after permanently damaging the UK economy I suppose.
""The cavalry were the Bundesbank. We kept on looking over the hill, but there was no dust and there were no hats and no sabres. And then later at the conference call they suddenly didn't speak English, which was extraordinary. So we were kind of stretched on that day," he said. Thirteen years later, Treasury papers would be released showing the cost to be an estimated £3.3bn."

News had filtered through to traders that the head of the German Bundesbank was in favour of Britain devaluing its currency. If this was his view, it explained why he was unwilling to spend money propping up the UK at a higher exchange rate. He obviously believed it was a doomed project and not worth any more German taxpayers' money.
Knowing Britain had a paucity of foreign currency reserves to sell, speculators such as Soros confidently moved in for the kill. The radio news bulletins that afternoon quoted traders using words such as "slaughter" and "disaster" to describe the situation.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.