Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

Arry Bentwatt going full GB News on Sky.
ZXpiDGM.gif

Depressingly pragmatic football. New manager, same England - keep it tight and hope for an error or a setpiece.

Can't believe how many see this as a great move.

There's no guarantee of trophies. When you end up not winning them, it's good to have enjoyed the journey. But we never do with England and we still won't.

Carsley would have been a novice to some extent, but I was optimistic that he would at least try to make the most of our attacking talent.
Not sure I agree tbh! He's won the European Cup, the German Cup, and the French Cup. He's got very recent experience of winning tournaments, and before Russia invaded Ukraine and sent everything tits up with Abramovich at Chelsea they were right on to fight with us and Liverpool for the league title in 2022. I would have liked Carsley for what it's worth, but I think we'd have come away from every tournament wondering if we should have been more pragmatic and less open, kinda like how it was under Sven tbh. I'm willing to see what it's like under him, at least.

Depressingly pragmatic football. New manager, same England - keep it tight and hope for an error or a setpiece.

Can't believe how many see this as a great move.

There's no guarantee of trophies. When you end up not winning them, it's good to have enjoyed the journey. But we never do with England and we still won't.

Carsley would have been a novice to some extent, but I was optimistic that he would at least try to make the most of our attacking talent.
I agree with what you say. But if I had to make the decision I’d pick Tuchel also.

When I was working I often came across a certain type of person who was consistently promoted above their ability and never seemed able to hold on to a job for more than a couple of years, usually jumping ship to another high paying job just before the axe came down.

I’m not suggesting Tuchel is that kind of person but if you look at his CV you couldn’t be blamed for thinking he might be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.