Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

Don't mind that appointment at all.

A lot of people's complaints about Southgate were that he had never done anything as a manager except get a boro team relegated. That he had a talented group of players but was out of his depth as a manager with the players. All valid points.

Well now you've got a manager that has won things at a high level, shown to be handy in tournament footy and has a decent set of players, so there should be no more excuses.

If the players are as good as people say, then with a proven manager, they should at least be able to beat good teams when it matters. winning a tournament is difficult but all Southgate did was beat shite teams in favourable routes through tournaments and come unstuck in any 50-50 type of game. I at least hope to see an improvement on that.

My feeling is the England squad is overrated. There's certainly some very talented players in there, but nowhere near as deep a squad as its hyped up to be

I'm pretty sure Ericsson and Capello didn't sing the National Anthem.

And how much more negative than Southgate?

Ericsson sang it, unbelievable but true.

The late Sven-Goran Eriksson said he never truly "mastered" the national anthem but he did attempt to sing it before matches during his time in charge of the Three Lions.

"I'm not sure I ever entirely mastered God Save the Queen but there I was, a Swede, standing in front of the bench and trying to sing it a bit," he said.

Has flaws, but is a massive upgrade that is the best England have had in I can't even remember.

However, his flaws could work for England or against.

His player management skills are up for debate. That could work to his benefit as they won't be annoyed but he will have some respect as long as they can play some football.

He's not a Klopp gegenpress, and actually as I recall more pragmatic in his "attacking" more about control than high risk.

I don't think he's been as attacking has he's aged.

Maybe I have to see the data but I recalll that later at Chelsea and the Bayern players were not listening to him and is not a company bloke.

I actually wonder of Poch would have been better, but he's still worth a shout with what's available and he has the ability to win.

I also seem to recall he had issues with big egos and there is a certain player who scores but gets away with dribbling with his head down, and having a game that otherwise would get a 4-5 rating that fits that bill and how he handles that will be fascinating.

If it fails maybe Pep is available when/if he leaves us.

Terrible appointment (as would Guardiola have been). International football is about our best against their best and that must include coaches as well. A developing nation choosing a foreign coach is one thing but an established international team is something else altogether.
I opposed Sven and Capello getting the job and I will oppose Tommy as well.
I just can’t ever see the French, Spanish or Germans ever appointing a non national to oversee their team and we shouldn’t either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.