Those of us who thought Arsenal couldn't be caught, when did you start to believe again?

I was visiting an old long known mate ( Utd supporter) but nonetheless sound. We were watching Arse V Dips, both said at half time Dips could get something. I drove home, had my youth with me so listening to what passes for music nowadays, turned radio on to hear 2-2. And at that point, I thought yep we might might might just do it. Then the Hammers did brilliantly to peg to 2-2, so thought might might do it. Then when Saints got 3-3 I thought yep we are gonna do it. That said I didn't relax until after Forest beat them because there was an outside mathematical chance they could if we imploded. So for me the Liverpool away game and such a change from the turn of the year when I thought best we could hope for was a good FA CUP run.

It was always about what we where gonna do, as opposed to them for me, had we decided to coast it till the end of the season and focus on the cups, then I could’ve lived with it, no team remains perfect and they where always gonna slip up a some stage, it just boiled down to whether we where gonna be there when they did (which we where) the two games against them where defining, the first damaged them, the second broke them. But the point where we all switched things up was definitely the PL charges, it was a strange season till then, defeats at the usuals, some bad uns pre & post WC, Haaland hat tricks, sixes fives & fours in loads of games, which probably left us feeling entertained as opposed to being in a title race, many blues never took Arsenal as serious competitors anyway, which can be dangerous, everything just fell into place perfectly

At 2-0 up at Anfield I thought they'd go on and win it. We didn't look balanced even when we were winning games. But what Pep has done has been phenomenal. Arsenal have fallen away, really badly, but we've been incredible.

50pts after 19 games. I think it's only 3 seasons where teams have taken more than that from their first 19.
But the most they can get is 34pts from the second 19 which is a shocking decline.

They'd have needed another 11pts or 45pts in total to go on and win the league with our better goal difference. That shows how relentless we've been. To have such a good first half of the season but be pressured into doing almost as well again...those are the levels we have set.

If they get 84pts that has been enough to win the league on 8 occasions since the 38 game PL season. But the 45pts they would have needed to win the league has only been bettered on 8 occasions too. We've taken 46pts from the last 17 games.

We're relentless, we're class and we've set the benchmark so much higher.

Never once thought we were out of it.
This.

Have a lot of Arsenal fan friends and I always said, keep looking over your shoulder. Knew they wouldn't keep up the momentum and once that shifted we'd fly past. They just don't have the depth or experience to hold us back, I'm surprised that went as long as they did.

Fair play for giving us a good run and making it an exciting season. Felt good(ish) to be the chasers again.

The fa cup when we brought them back to earth. Their imposter syndrome and insecurity began kicking in. Them then getting knocked out of the Europa league afterwards. The power momentum can have is very overlooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.