Those of us who thought Arsenal couldn't be caught, when did you start to believe again?

I wasn't sure how it'd go, I hadnt ruled us out but thought Arsenal had been a great attacking force and it'd be a struggle once they had one game per week while had big game after big game.

Then I watched them v Southampton. Yeah they're good going forward, but absolute shite at the back and had no control of the match. At that point I knew they drop a fair few points and it was just down to us.

Never once thought we were out of it.
After watching them win on the concourse at Forest and then us blow it I said we couldn't afford to drop any points till end of season. Although didn't expect them to implode as badly as the y did to make it so comfortable.

Before our game a few weeks back there was an interview with John Stones and they also had one with Ramsdale.

The way Ramsdale was speaking, he was just happy to be there. Talked about bringing back pride to the team and how he was happy they were competing. The way he spoke came across like the title was over but he was happy to have finished 2nd.

Stones on the other hand was ice cold and showed the winner he is with his answers. Spoke at length about the environment and the team and how they would chase down the points.

This.

Have a lot of Arsenal fan friends and I always said, keep looking over your shoulder. Knew they wouldn't keep up the momentum and once that shifted we'd fly past. They just don't have the depth or experience to hold us back, I'm surprised that went as long as they did.

Fair play for giving us a good run and making it an exciting season. Felt good(ish) to be the chasers again.

...but Liew in the Guardian says there was no jeopardy and we were never in trouble...

Between the FA Cup win and winning at theirs in the league their confidence drained away.

...but Liew in the Guardian says there was no jeopardy and we were never in trouble...

Between the FA Cup win and winning at theirs in the league their confidence drained away.
When they drew the Southampton game I knew they were defeated. They all dropped to the floor like they'd lost a cup final. Mentally destroyed as they knew that was it.

Although, it probably turned after their West Ham game, don't think the Liverpool game really mattered despite being 2-0 up. Coming away from Anfield with a point is very decent, but the Southampton game - wow. Maybe if they'd won that they'd have had some confidence coming to us, but they came completely gutless.

The demolition job we did on them convinced me, but it was when we were about three games in to the winning run I thought we would get through, as along as most of the players stayed fit. I did at one stage think the Champions League might trip us up but had faith in having at least one trophy in the bag by the end of May, never thought it would be so convincing but that is more to Arsenal losing than us winning everything since

Not sure but I knew the final 8 games would be emotionally draining for Arsenal as it was all new to them. This league remains the most difficult to win.

Never stopped believing, never!! I said a few months ago, they'd implode from within. I only had to watch the Newcastle home match to know this was to happen. The only time I was genuinely worried was sat in the North stand at half time v Spurs thinking SHITE WTF! But we blew them away 2nd half and I knew we'd be fine. This team is special, this manager is special, this club is different gravy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.