Those of you who left early

scorer said:
Had a guy behind us arrive 5 mins late and missthe first goal,then left 5mins early and missed the winner....... his loss.
Quite a lot missed the first goal, down to the hideous traffic, and then the daft closure of one of the spirals to accommodate 17 spaniards.

Its funny how leaving the ground 5 minutes early means "missing the traffic", but if we do that to get there it makes sod all difference.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:36 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
that would destroy me. being there is being part of it, part of the joy of dancing and feeling the same intesity as mancini felt.

brilliant.
It was too, hahaha

Flixton blue said:
MadchesterCity said:
salfordblues said:
I don't deny that there are those who have valid excuses e.g last train, random emergency etc. But it is those who religiously leave early to get back to a Manchester suburb five minutes earlier, I can't understand.

Believe it or not the players are aware of the stadium and their surroundings. It is disheartening and potentially detrimental to the team's performance to see a half empty ground when we're pushing for a late winner.

exactly when will these morons learn

Believe it or not this happens at every ground in the country. Is every plaryer disheartened?

How pompous are you to decide what is a 'valid' reason. Unless there's a 'random emergency' do we all have to stand on the car park clapping the stewards off?

No fans are worse than us. We had fans streaming out when we were trying to get 3 vital points in a CL game!!?

Great thread, and a good lesson for those who can't even be bothered to sit through the whole 90.

Just a shame we didn't have Bluemoon in 1999... "Hahahahaha sucked in to all those walking out at 2-0. Hope getting back to Manchester 30 mins early was worth it etc..."

oakiecokie said:
45 years of gloryhunting said:
i cant understand why people leave early , if i pay nearly £40 for a seat , i want my monies worth , i stay to the end and always applaud our lads off the pitch. Even when we were dog shit in the 3rd tier , myself and my 2 sons stayed to the end , in the vain hope that the team appreciates our support. Maybe if we are a couple of goals clear i can understand a few leaving , but a mass exodus in a champs league game with the game poised at 1-1 , is just baffling , and must be dis-heartening for the team , rant over.

How strange !!
In watching the Blues for 47 years I have NEVER heard of one complaint from any of our Players ref fans leaving early.
Its a myth that they are dis-heartened,otherwise we`d have heard someone complain.

Well ive only watched them for 45 years , so you must so much more fucking knowledgeable than me , simple fact , how can the team be encouraged to get an equaliser when the stadium is half full ,surely a packed stadium makes more noise ,and is more intimidating for the opposition Do you really think any player would complain about the supporters , they would get shit from those supporters for the rest of the season . You can just imagine a player saying" i was very disappointed with the crowd leaving early" world war 3 commences at the etihad. The only "strange" part of my comment is the fact i have to explain the bleeding obvious

oakiecokie said:
i cant understand why people leave early , if i pay nearly £40 for a seat , i want my monies worth , i stay to the end and always applaud our lads off the pitch. Even when we were dog shit in the 3rd tier , myself and my 2 sons stayed to the end , in the vain hope that the team appreciates our support. Maybe if we are a couple of goals clear i can understand a few leaving , but a mass exodus in a champs league game with the game poised at 1-1 , is just baffling , and must be dis-heartening for the team , rant over.

How strange !!
In watching the Blues for 47 years I have NEVER heard of one complaint from any of our Players ref fans leaving early.
Its a myth that they are dis-heartened,otherwise we`d have heard someone complain.

Well ive only watched them for 45 years , so you must so much more fucking knowledgeable than me , simple fact , how can the team be encouraged to get an equaliser when the stadium is half full ,surely a packed stadium makes more noise ,and is more intimidating for the opposition Do you really think any player would complain about the supporters , they would get shit from those supporters for the rest of the season . You can just imagine a player saying" i was very disappointed with the crowd leaving early" world war 3 commences at the etihad. The only "strange" part of my comment is the fact i have to explain the bleeding obvious

But I bet you supported Roy Keane,with his quip about "the prawn buttie brigade" He didn`t give a fuck if he upset some Rag fans.
As I stated,I have NEVER heard of a whinge from a City player about fans leaving early.
In fairness some of our fucking players seemed to have left early last night !!!
Even with a half packed stadium it didn`t appear to do the players any harm as we scored in the 93rd minute,which just shoots your theory way into the sky.

oakiecokie said:
oakiecokie said:
How strange !!

But I bet you supported Roy Keane,with his quip about "the prawn buttie brigade" He didn`t give a fuck if he upset some Rag fans.
As I stated,I have NEVER heard of a whinge from a City player about fans leaving early.
In fairness some of our fucking players seemed to have left early last night !!!
Even with a half packed stadium it didn`t appear to do the players any harm as we scored in the 93rd minute,which just shoots your theory way into the sky.

the first time in a few years we score a decisive late goal. wonder why?

ban-mcfc said:
oakiecokie said:

the first time in a few years we score a decisive late goal. wonder why?

Must have been the players who held a meeting before the second half.
Kompany ; "Right you lot make sure we leave it until the last moment.This will make sure those fucking early leavers,will have second thoughts next time"

Manchestercitychorlton said:
maybe if they sorted out the buses going back to Piccadilly it might help

This is probably the most comprehensive thing someone has ever said on here!!!! So so true!

TBF it certainly wasnt "half full" at the end I would guess over 90% were there. Most fans realised one goal would transform the game completely and rightly gave their full support. I'm sure if we had been 3 up or 3 down more might have left. One of those Euphoric celebration moments.

I couldn't make the game but I had a chuckle at those who left early. When I get the chance to go to games I want to make the most of it, but I can understand people with kids wanting to leave early.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.