Those of you who left early

Plain Speaking said:
TBF it certainly wasnt "half full" at the end I would guess over 90% were there. Most fans realised one goal would transform the game completely and rightly gave their full support. I'm sure if we had been 3 up or 3 down more might have left. One of those Euphoric celebration moments.

In all fairness to those who were left inside,the noise as I walked outside,was unbelievable and they more than made up for those who left early,for whatever reason.

Do those that leave early, when they watch a game on TV, turn it off with 5 minutes to go??

The MOST important part of any match is the RESULT. You can't get a result until play has finished.

Would the same people whe leave early, leave a boxing match during the 11th round of a 12 round fight, just to miss a bit of traffic?

Would they leave the cinema before the end of the film??

Would they leave the theatre before the performance has even finished?

I bet the same people also leave work dead on 5pm only to sit in traffic all the way home!

I don't give a fuck, people can do what they want, and if they think it's OK to leave early then so be it. I personally won't ever, and have never left a game early, purely because I want to wait until the end to see the result.

It cost a good few quid nowadays to go to a match, why wouldn't you want to get your moneys worth?

You wouldn't buy a dear bottle of Champagne, have one glass, and throw the rest away just because you can.

I understand why people feel the need to justify their reasons for leaving early, but I personally don't get it?!

mcfcinprague said:
Do those that leave early, when they watch a game on TV, turn it off with 5 minutes to go??
I think they must do, probably leave the cinema early, also leave part of the shopping on the conveyor and pay for what they have packed, just in case of "traffic".

I have never understood and can't ever remember leaving a match early in the 20-odd years I have been going.

What I found incredible was people leaving last season's UEFA game v Dynamo Kiev .... if we had scored in injury time, the game would have gone to extra time and then possibly penalties ...... strange, strange people.

I left with about 30 secs to go when the ball was down our end....thought the ref was due to blow....but we scored when i was on my way down the spiral.

To be honest, I wasn't bothered about not seeing it, was just happy that we won...as any blue should be.

In all my years, I've not missed many goals doing this (I never leave within the 90mins, usually injury time)...in fact I've probably missed more opposition winners/equalisers than City goals.

But if those that do it were that arsed...then they wouldn't do it. Chance you take.

I was there for the goal and was there for dickovs equaliser but I've left early plenty of times.

Some of you don't realise that well- rounded people have more in their life than Manchester city.

It matters nothing. The players aren't even aware of it as they are concentrating on the game. With regards to the noise, the roar from 30000 people is indiscernible from the roar from 40000 people when you are playing intensely.

The drama on here os comical. The exact same thing happens at all grounds, especially those with access bottlenecks. If this was something the club wanted to address, and I don't believe for a second it is, then they should work out a system where all the roads around the ground aren't shut for half an hour after the final whistle.

Dave.....You are not allowed to have a life outside City.

People not being there didint change the result. City won so everyone is happy whether they saw the goal or not!

Didsbury Dave said:
I was there for the goal and was there for dickovs equaliser but I've left early plenty of times.

Some of you don't realise that well- rounded people have more in their life than Manchester city.

It matters nothing. The players aren't even aware of it as they are concentrating on the game. With regards to the noise, the roar from 30000 people is indiscernible from the roar from 40000 people when you are playing intensely.

The drama on here os comical. The exact same thing happens at all grounds, especially those with access bottlenecks. If this was something the club wanted to address, and I don't believe for a second it is, then they should work out a system where all the roads around the ground aren't shut for half an hour after the final whistle.

Then why bother going at all?

I have defended those going early in the past, but it is getting worse, there was nothing like 90% of the people left in the ground as we scored (as another poster stated).

I cannot understand it myself.

If I left 5 mins before the end I would save myself probably 30 minutes getting out of town (I live down south) but I don't.

Tuesday was hugely important to us and in my opinion, we really need to start getting behind the team more, more noise, encouragement and staying til the end.

Now I know some people have to leave early, but around 30% of the attendees? Do me a favour!

Didsbury Dave said:

Not doubting that but surly if they have bought a ticket they have already set aside the time to get to and from the match

On a side note I'm not arsed either way.My only gripe is when my sister can't see because people are getting past her and she misses some of the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.