"Those were the days my friend" song

blueonblue said:
Sorry levets, no debate........your wrong, it was leader of our team ;0)

Was just going to say I thought Levets was right on this, "leader of Man City" but I suppose it's already been established that lads sang different words here and there.

Great debate.

Cor blimey DD! That rendition of YNWA with the claps really took me back!

As for Colin The King's song, Levets is right, it was definitely:

Weeeeeeeeeee'll drink a drink, a drink
To Colin the king, the king, the king
He is the leader of Man City
He is the greatest inside forward
That the woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrlllllllllldddddd (keep going til yer lungs are shrivelled and empty!)
Has ever seen

The "If we see you on the corner with a red scarf...." song was to the tune of the Liverbirds (an early/mid 70's sit com by Carla Lane).

blueonblue said:

Again, it may have changed, but it's always been "Leader of Man City" since the 80s.

Also, the elongation of "that the wooooooooooorrrrrrrrllllllddddd" is fairly new and has largely killed the song.

It was always just the "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'llllllllll" that was elongated!

Again, you 111 kids are killing our historic chants.

strongbowholic said:
The "If we see you on the corner with a red scarf...." song was to the tune of the Liverbirds (an early/mid 70's sit com by Carla Lane).

Yeah thanks......it was the Liverbirds theme tune. The Scaffold did sing it though!

Didsbury Dave said:
blueonblue said:

Again, it may have changed, but it's always been "Leader of Man City" since the 80s.

Also, the elongation of "that the wooooooooooorrrrrrrrllllllddddd" is fairly new and has largely killed the song.

If by fairly new you mean a mid 80's addition, then fine, otherwise, eyewash sir as that is what we used to sing back then.

Didsbury Dave said:
blueonblue said:

I totally agree with DD on this and it was one I could sing (arguably).

Gary James said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I totally agree with DD on this and it was one I could sing (arguably).

You have no credibility in this discussion, any more, James.

Leave it to us True Blues ;)

Didsbury Dave said:
blueonblue said:

I remember it like that when sung on the terrace but i also recall the wooooooorrrrld version being sung in the pubs on away trips etc, it was definitely sung with woooorrrrldd in the 70s but not at games.
In pubs I can remember holding a pint pot (with handle) up in the air for fucking ages while everyone finished wooooooooorrrlllldddding, happy days.

So nobody else at that Morecambe game then? There were at least a couple of thousand blues there, red hot day, lads climbing the floodlight pylons, pitch invasions.

nw42 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I remember it like that when sung on the terrace but i also recall the wooooooorrrrld version being sung in the pubs on away trips etc, it was definitely sung with woooorrrrldd in the 70s but not at games.
In pubs I can remember holding a pint pot (with handle) up in the air for fucking ages while everyone finished wooooooooorrrlllldddding, happy days.

So nobody else at that Morecambe game then? There were at least a couple of thousand blues there, red hot day, lads climbing the floodlight pylons, pitch invasions.
I wasn't but would love to have been having read your post about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.