"Those were the days my friend" song

blueonblue said:
Another old one...........

Wheres your father,wheres your father,wheres your father refferree?
You havn`t got one, you havn`t got one...........your a bastard refferree

Sorry to appear pedantic but as we are striving for accuracy on the thread, it was..

'haven't got one, never had one".

Christ I can't stop posting now I've started, no doubt I'll disappear back to my corner soon though.

felixbg said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yes it was. It started off the scouse way then speeded up for the second verse with claps, like this:

You'll nev (Clap clap) er walk (clap clap) alone (clap clap) walk on (clap clap)

Oh and you held your scarves in the air for the first verse. At Villa Park after Paul Power put us through to WEmbley, the whole side of the Holte End was a mass of Blue scarves to this song. I can still see it now.

my dad never shuts up about this game and the holte end that day (wasn't it split in 2, half city half ipswich?). Talking of ipswich, when we played them in the FA cup 2002 was the revival of the 'singing the blues' song, being relatively young i hadn't heard it before then.

The "singing the blues" song never died mate. It's just that that was the first time we had won and they had lost in 14 years.

nw42 said:
strongbowholic said:
'Gave it up 2 or 3 years ago' Love it

I'm 41 years old but still about 6 years old in my head. Never leaves you!

Correct, it never does leave you, I don't go much anymore, to fuckin sanitised for me. Don't get me wrong I don't want to be going round cracking heads, or getting mine cracked as it happens, I just loved what it was then, I feel privileged to have stood on terraces in their heyday, fuckin loved it.
Getting specials to aways, hitching from knutsford on a Friday night, arriving in fuckin Bristol @ 6am and having all day to keep your wits about you, then jumping the special back.

If you got the same buzz then these were the best days of our lives.

Life's still good btw but some memories will never fade, most of them are circa 70s, early 80s and involve City.

Spot on. I've never been a fighter but loved the banter, although for me, 1984 onwards when I first went with my mates without my old fella in tow was when I got the bug big time and got up to the usual 'jolly boys' nonsense.

Talking of Villa Park, that's just reminded me of something else from the 70s/early 80s.

Some games, particularly cup games you would get massive allocations. The rule was 25% of capacity for a long time in the FA Cup, so we got 12,000-14,000 for some games.

Often this allocation would be over a couple of stands, so one stand would start waving with both hands at the other, who would do it back. so you'd have 12,000 Blues waving to each other.

this is the first time I've remembered this in decades. Can someone confirm I'm not going mad please?

levets said:
blueonblue said:
We are the scorge of the midlands
The cock of the north
we all hate the scousers, an red shit of course
WE only drink whiskey an boddingtons beer...........because the MANCHESTER boys are all here.

We`ll drink a drink a drink, to Colin THE king THE king THE king
He`s the leader of OUR TEAM
He`s the greatest, inside forward
That the worlld...has ever seen

Away at old trafford
Only mancs in the ground
The rest are all cockneys, who dont make a sound
You fly in from hong-kong
or as far as peru
But you have to be born here
to claim your a blue.....................f*ck off back to london, f*ck off back to london

is this another debate brewing? Edited to read as I know it...

We`ll drink a drink a drink, to Colin THE king THE king THE king
He`s the leader of MAN CITY
He`s the greatest, inside forward
That the worlld...has ever seen

"Leader of our team" was definitely the original verse sung by City fans in the late 60s/early 70s. Stop fucking about with our heritage. ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
Talking of Villa Park, that's just reminded me of something else from the 70s/early 80s.

Some games, particularly cup games you would get massive allocations. The rule was 25% of capacity for a long time in the FA Cup, so we got 12,000-14,000 for some games.

Often this allocation would be over a couple of stands, so one stand would start waving with both hands at the other, who would do it back. so you'd have 12,000 Blues waving to each other.

this is the first time I've remembered this in decades. Can someone confirm I'm not going mad please?

You are not going mad, it also occurred if there were blues in the "home sections" at some away grounds - the less troublesome ones usually.

Didsbury Dave said:

i might be going mad too, but im sure we had this once for swindon under royle in 2001. They did kids for a quid and im sure we had both ends behind the goal. Weaver had had his haircut that day and remember bouncing singing 'weavers had his haircut na na na na'

Another one for when the away fans first started singing:

It's nice to know you're here
(no it's not F*CK OFF!)

Didsbury Dave said:

You are spot on Dave, I dont think it was in the cup but I'm sure I remember at Leicester we were in 2 ends of the ground due to the turnout we were generally taking at the time, defo remember the waving, followed by " City here, City there, City everyfuckinwhere, nana nana na nanana, over and over again.

Go on Dave, you start it, everyone will join in..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.