Those working from home

Worked from home from lockdown on. Originally in M/cr with Mrs L stuck in Wales, not the bliss you would imagine. managed to move over when restrictions allowed and much happier and healthier for it.
Quirk of fate/work means Mrs L spends more time in M/cr now than me, again not the bliss you'd imagine, but on the whole WFH is a godsend for me, I get work done quicker, have more time to accomplish stuff at home w/out the commute, and apart from a power/internet outage that meant 3 days enforced leave have had no negative issues at all.
Don't miss the office or the mither of people asking me to do shit they can do themselves if they just try.

Those that complain about people WFH are just jealous c*nts

If it works for the employer then who’s business is it ?

I go in 2 days a week, one of which I’ll go pub all day

The rest of week, I WFH and get far more done, in my own time and get to see and spend time with my Mrs and kid. Wouldn’t change it for the world

The rest of week, I WFH and get far more done, in my own time and get to see and spend time with my Mrs and kid. Wouldn’t change it for the world
Same here bud - I do more work WFH except for the Top Guitarists Poll :-)

Hear hear! WFH since we were sent home in March 2020. Best thing that’s happened to me. Don’t get continually mithered at my desk all day which was stopping me doing my normal work tasks. So my job was inefficient. Now mainly deal with emails for the same type of mither but I can control them and respond in my own time. I rarely get contacted by phone now except by my two associates who do the same job.

worked from home since Jan 2017 after spending a number of years trying to convince employers of the benefits. I'm glad the rest of you fuckers are catching up :)

I’ve been back to our (newj office less than 10 times in the last 3 years.

Saves a fortune on petrol but costs far more in coffee and croissants.

Wife has complete control of her circumstances and be be 100% home, 100% office or whatever mix suits her which is great. She likes to get into the office at least twice a week though, even if its a half day.

I'm stuck going in and always will be unfortunately.

Worked from home since covid and agree with previous comments can get much more done in this quiet environment. Work now starting to bring us back in for a few days every 2 weeks. Totally pointless, but nobody listens.

Been WFH at least 3 days a week since 2010 and full time since 2017, contracting for various businesses. After a few years it begins to wear you down and you realise there is no real enjoyment in the work because there's no normal contact with colleagues/cutomers going on. Not sure I'd cope with commuting and being back in the office though so I'm currently in a tricky place with my productivity really low in my opinion, but nobody really seems to mind. Possibly what is happening is that I am now unable to gauge my own level of worth as I don't see how others operate as a comparison. Yes things get completed on time but I'm not sure it's a healthy way to work full time. When I worked in an office I would see when others were struggling even before they knew themselves sometimes, but those people/situations are harder to spot now. Even hybrid working may mask it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.