Those working from home

WFH since covid. Recently started going in 2 days a week but like others much more productive at home. Planning on using insights to prove how much more productive at home as think new service delivery manager will start to ask I go in more often.

Been doing it since 2019. Very easy to get demotivated or watch films and YouTube. It’s also very easy to work longer hours which is a bad idea. I have a good fibre connection and the work vpn is similar speed so no connection issues. Best to write a list of stuff to get on with and take a lunch break. Or come on here for a bit for a break

Have done it very occassionally when I have a load of admin stuff to do, and I dont like WFH at all. We are all different, but I like to keep home for relaxing about in and the workplace for working. Personal choice, keep them separate

I’m a teacher and I’ve always done my planning and marking mainly at home (unless I have a free period). Trying to do anything like that in a busy office is really distracting for me. But online lessons are way less effective in most cases (for adults it’s usually alright still). I’ve been in the unique situation where I’ve been teaching the same lesson one day face-to-face and the next day online, and it really doesn’t compare when it comes to kids.

I’ve not really been in a position to skive, because you’ve got to be there during the lessons and you’ve got to plan them or you won’t have anything to teach. I’ve definitely been known to have meetings on in the background when doing something else though.

Have done it very occassionally when I have a load of admin stuff to do, and I dont like WFH at all. We are all different, but I like to keep home for relaxing about in and the workplace for working. Personal choice, keep them separate
I get that. For me I’ve been able to separate the two. I can walk right past my desk on days off or at night and not even flinch

I get that. For me I’ve been able to separate the two. I can walk right past my desk on days off or at night and not even flinch
Same for me too. Just a desk with minimal equipment. Lap top pen paper calculator. It’s all I need. Don’t want to share the same carpet with others I don’t really want to be with for 7 or 8 hours a day.

My mate's a Yacht broker and he's been working from home for the last 2 years. He reckons that since he has been working from home sales have gone through the roof.
Worldwide sales of boats, caravans, RV's has rocketed since the pandemic. (so have the prices).
People not travelling overseas as much seems to be the reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.