Thought we'd signed a dud but turned out a diamond

No pace, woeful passing, no balance, no positional sense but the thing that grabs my goat most is that he is a complete shithouse. Scared to put a tackle in, quite an important part of being a defensive minded midfield. I can forgive bad form (he did very well for Benfica) but not a lack of trying. I'll give him more time but he needs to get some fire in his belly, the last shithouse that didnt was Boateng and he was shipped out pronto.

Stoned Rose said:
Blue Smarties said:
He looks like a hard bastard, needs to learn that doesn't make him one. Put a tackle in.

He doesn't. He looks (and plays) like Ryland.
I see the resemblance.

rylan-clark.jpg
Javi-Garcia_AP_2360901c.jpg

Like the OP I am getting to the point where my faith looks to be misplaced, but if Roberto saw something in the guy that we aint so far then thats good enough for me.

I am far more worried about Sinclair, try as I might I just can not see a footballer in him who is above championship standard (At best), usually there are flashes that promise more to come, but there seems to be nothing there including effort.

A couple of points.

1 - the thread - when we signed him I couldn't believe our luck, when I first saw him play (think it was against FC Timisoara) I thought we'd fucked up massively, he was getting pushed off the ball by carpenters and plumbers, step forward David Silva.

Or Zabaletta, seemed to be rash in the challenge, looked poor going worward.

b - dejongie? really? did people actually call him this when he was here?

3 - I do think we miss him and shouldn't have got rid of them, in my opinion he'd have had a fair amount of game time this season.

d - Garcia's facial hair makes him look like a kiddy fiddler - I'm not sure how I have come to this conclusion but I stand by it.

Garcia has certainly been awful in the past few matches, not really shown any promise whatsoever. But I thought he did ok before getting injured - let's not forget people were pretty much raving about him after the Stoke game (much as they were about Rodwell after the Charity Shield).

Needs more time, but definitely needs to buck up a hell of a lot. To be fair though, the injury came at a bad time after just signing, and I wonder if it accounts for him playing like a shithouse recently - he didn't seem so soft when he first came in? (If he was, surely he'd have been found against Stoke!?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.