thoughts on de jong?

markbmcfc said:
Im amazed at some of these posts, I thought he was quality.

And that muppet who said for £18m you expected more - go have a word with yourself sunshine. I find the fact people are trying to justify his price tag after 70 mins of football just laughable.

He's a holding midfielder, he's not an exciting player so im not so sure what some of you want from him. He did fade, hasnt played in three months, but he always wanted the ball, always gave an option to the defence and his tackling was quality. Made one mistake in the 2nd half but recovered it well.

He will be a quality signing.

well said

Great debut I thought.

thought him and Zab in the center looked hugly promising, while Kompany was a Center back in the (sorry) ferdinand mould, top CB with loads of abitity on the ball.

De jong and Zab though, especially first half, were charging into the newcastle midfield, giveing no time and forcing NC into many mistakes. second half i guess energy fropped, but if they can start to sustain the first half performance for longer then they sould dominate teams....

De jong looked steady, didnt charge out of position too much (al la elano in that position) which meant we were in position when newcastle stole the ball. took the ball off the defence and stroked it around and didnt see many panic hoofs like dunnie, instead just biding his time till something opened up.

thought he looked vgood.

he looked good to me but did anyone else think he looked really right footed? at times he was almost as bad as richards, having to turn back on himself to avoid having to pass with his left.

so bearing in mind and the comparison to vinny and the fact that newcastle look like relegation tackle and the 18 mil price you didnt expect more.i have said with mh,s training he will obviously improve and beleive me if he turns out to be claud i would be over the moon but i personaly expected him to be better than vinny but to be honest i dont think anyone will be better than vinny

skinhead123 said:
so bearing in mind and the comparison to vinny and the fact that newcastle look like relegation tackle and the 18 mil price you didnt expect more.i have said with mh,s training he will obviously improve and beleive me if he turns out to be claud i would be over the moon but i personaly expected him to be better than vinny but to be honest i dont think anyone will be better than vinny

mate your still missing the point, give him time to regain fitness and then judge him, him and vinny are slightly different players and dont forget we bought vinny for a snip before other clubs started hiking their prices up.

The lad has had no first team football for 3 months due to injury and this was his first game in the fastest and toughest league in world footbal (IMO). Look how Zab has come on since his first couple of games where IMO he looked OK. Now he is a bloody star. This lad looks tough and strong like another VK. I think he could be our mid field general along with VK at the back.

Give him time and a few games. Why the f*ck is he being judged already?

I think the worrying thing is that the high tempo pressing game we used in the first-half needs to result in more penetration and early goals, because once the centre midfield runs out of steam (and it will probably continue to do so for a few games), the play becomes more broken and we look susceptible. Stoke played very freely in the first-half away at Tottenham and were duly punished, so hopefully they will be just as cavalier on Saturday, and we can fill our boots.

no one is judging him its an opinion on one game and with all the paper talk i thought de jong was going to be an animal.i will be honest though vinny was a bargain the more you see other centre mids play against or for us you begin to see what a top buy vinny was and for me he his our long term holding mid for years sorry if this upsets some people but its my opinion .do you think vinny and de jong can play together or would this be too negative with 2 holding centre mids

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.