thoughts on de jong?

I don't think those that are saying they didnt get a good feel for him are criticising. I think it's that they can't in fact judge him yet. Let's evaluate him once he is fully match fit and getting a run of games.

My personal opinion is that he did very well. He has a very very good first touch anyone else notice that? He seemed committed to every challenge which was good to see and protected the back four brilliantly especially in the first half.

More to come i have no doubt.

Thought he looked good !!

Definitely a players, player.

Solid, dependable and someone who will give the back four and
Hart/Given confidence.

Not gonna notice him much but then no one really noticed Makelale
at first, but managers love this type of player.

i thought de jong was a class act, the zab and de jong partnership was amazing! zabeleta was my man of the match for that game! i think we have found his new position! DM!

skinhead123 said:
so what your saying he was better than vinny on hes debut in the same position this is what iam comparing hes debut too as they both play in the same position
i was expecting him to be better than vinny with the bigger price tag or am i missing something
But Vinny is probably worth 18m himself by now.

When mascherano was available at west ham we were apparently having a sniff, and this player could be the answer - looks to play in a similar unfussy mould, hope he adds more attacking wise than javier..

Good solid performance considering. At the moment Zaba and him complement each other.

Finally Hughes is given the chance to put his own style of team together, and therefore should take the credit, or blame, where it is due.

gingerman123 said:
When mascherano was available at west ham we were apparently having a sniff, and this player could be the answer - looks to play in a similar unfussy mould, hope he adds more attacking wise than javier..

Good solid performance considering. At the moment Zaba and him complement each other.

Finally Hughes is given the chance to put his own style of team together, and therefore should take the credit, or blame, where it is due.

LOVE YOU MARK

Thought he had a good no nonsense debut.

As many have said a bit rusty, but he showed signs of being a class act.

Also showed composure when SWP got clattered late. Looked like he was going to have a nibble at the offender.

Robbo. said:
Skilly McRailnob said:
I didn't get a good feel for him tonight...what did you think?

Give the guy a fucking chance, he seemed to close people down very well. 7/10 for me good solid first debut

Exactly. Nice and efficient and will get better when fully match fit.

Incidentally, anyone see it when he came off and tried to give Hughes a massive big love? Hilarious. Not sure Hughes was right for that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.