Thoughts on Yesterdays Attendance and Crowd Makeup

Skashion said:
Obviously the attendance was good but nothing else was. Atmosphere was the worst I've ever seen when the away fans have brought 6k, and I have another criticism as well. *major tin hat time, in fact, I am immediately withdrawing to the bunker after this post* The Blue Alliance killed any chance of an atmosphere in 109-111. I am sincerely not trying to have a go at the Blue Alliance. They're great blues and I'm sure they don't do what they do on purpose, but I can finally see why the atmosphere is so sterile in the South Stand. They kind of take over but instead of helping spread the songs, they move straight down the repertoire. They are just noisy enough to stop others spreading songs, but they are not persistent enough with one song to get others joining. The match isn't a coach or train trip, or sitting outside a bar on a European away day, where you're entitled to go through your whole repertoire, including songs you've made up yourself. At the match you should be trying to create as much noise as possible, if that means singing songs other fans know better, or even just persisting with one song (other than Toure Boys - which was pretty funny) for more than a minute, then that's what you should do.

*off to the bunker I go*. Sorry Blue Alliance, I am trying to speak the truth and hopefully you may take some constructive criticism from it.

sorry but thats rubbish. we were singing the norm songs yet all those in 110/111 simply refused to join in.

yes we were singing a few newer songs but if they dont get sung, they wont spread around (the new toure one and the barry one)

took a father and son to their first ever game, they thought everything about city was fantastic, the stadium, city square, the club shop.

so much so, they want to come regularly, yesterday was brilliant seeing so many kids coming to the game.

cup games at the etihad should be priced to fill the ground, yesterday proved it.

foley87 said:
Skashion said:
Obviously the attendance was good but nothing else was. Atmosphere was the worst I've ever seen when the away fans have brought 6k, and I have another criticism as well. *major tin hat time, in fact, I am immediately withdrawing to the bunker after this post* The Blue Alliance killed any chance of an atmosphere in 109-111. I am sincerely not trying to have a go at the Blue Alliance. They're great blues and I'm sure they don't do what they do on purpose, but I can finally see why the atmosphere is so sterile in the South Stand. They kind of take over but instead of helping spread the songs, they move straight down the repertoire. They are just noisy enough to stop others spreading songs, but they are not persistent enough with one song to get others joining. The match isn't a coach or train trip, or sitting outside a bar on a European away day, where you're entitled to go through your whole repertoire, including songs you've made up yourself. At the match you should be trying to create as much noise as possible, if that means singing songs other fans know better, or even just persisting with one song (other than Toure Boys - which was pretty funny) for more than a minute, then that's what you should do.

*off to the bunker I go*. Sorry Blue Alliance, I am trying to speak the truth and hopefully you may take some constructive criticism from it.

sorry but thats rubbish. we were singing the norm songs yet all those in 110/111 simply refused to join in.

yes we were singing a few newer songs but if they dont get sung, they wont spread around (the new toure one and the barry one)

I think the suggestion was keepp em going longer so others can pick it up . Dont be too hurt :-)

It was a pleasant change to hear some noise coming from the south stand. Usually you can't hear a thing from them! Shame they were Watford fans

foley87 said:

Don't be sorry. You continue doing your thing and 109-111 will continue outsinging the South Stand.

GStar said:
I seem to remember us generally having a decent attendance for FA cup games.

It was a full house when Forest hammered us iirc.

only 31,000 there !

(and a fifth of those were from Sherwood Forest!)

fathellensbellend said:
took a father and son to their first ever game, they thought everything about city was fantastic, the stadium, city square, the club shop.

so much so, they want to come regularly, yesterday was brilliant seeing so many kids coming to the game.

cup games at the etihad should be priced to fill the ground, yesterday proved it.

Yes it did .....

yesterdays attendance was a resounding success for both City , and for sensible ticket pricing !

black mamba said:
GStar said:
I seem to remember us generally having a decent attendance for FA cup games.

It was a full house when Forest hammered us iirc.

only 31,000 there !

(and a fifth of those were from Sherwood Forest!)

indeed and a shit day
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=4797" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/ ... px?id=4797</a>

Yesterdays crowd was very good, considering even against utd in last seasons Fa Cup
game we only just made it a sell out.
I went to the ground on the Thursday before that match to get a mate a ticket and they were a few left and thats for a Derby game, so hats off blues yesterday.

I thought it was a resounding success yesterday.Obviously the atmosphere was not as good with so many south standers dispersed from their normal seats.It was good to see so many new young supporters in attendance and with a similar ticketing policy in future I'm sure a lot will come again.
As with other posters I had to tone down my language and didn't join in with certain songs I would have in my usual block (118 moving to 136) but overall I thought it was ok.

foley87 said:
Skashion said:

Of course we joined in. I was one of them. Don't forget, loads of regulars didn't attend the match and their seats were bought by City fans who probably don't sing. That included the lad next to me and the middle aged couple to the left of me. All 3 don't stand there normally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.