Thoughts on Yesterdays Attendance and Crowd Makeup

Skashion said:
How the fuck did you find out it was 4,842?

Any programme for 2005/06 after the game.

Villa were meant to sell out for their replay and took 5,802.

New songs take an eternity to catch on at home. If they're more than 4 lines long those fans that dont go to away matches just dont get them. The original Yaya-Kolo song hasnt really caught on at the Etihad never mind the new one. Gareth Barry will have long retired before his song becomes well known.

We were sat almost directly below our usual SC seats - 228, as opposed to 328 - and the atmosphere was terrible. I think the main reason is that you're not surrounded by the people you usually sit with (as a general point, I mean, not us in particular).

I hadn't even realised that we'd sold out the entire stadium until I was in my seat; I thought the 'sold out' I saw on Blue Moon on Friday meant the first and second tiers.

So it was a pleasant surprise to see the Etihad full.

And I have to agree that the size of the crowd was directly related to the price of the tickets.

So well done to all concerned at City.

As for some of the Watford chants, how pathetic can you get?

The club got it dead right with the pricing, brought in those fans that got priced out, a lot that have kids taking them to their first game. Great to see. I know obviously these kids at their first game will be immediately hooked on the blues cause of the talent and football being played on the pitch, but I would love it if they could be hooked cause of the passion and atmosphere shown at the game. That was what got me hooked when I first saw city 15 years ago. Really hope we can do the same pricing again for the next home draw we get, and maybe allocate East Stand L1 as a full singing section to compensate for the loss of the South Stand, try and get a good atmosphere going for all the kids watching (and for us of course). Think this might be a good test for when (or if) safe standing comes in. Just a thought.

Had my usual fellas behind me in 220 but two oldish birds in front initially gave me funny looks when I produced the F word or the T word , just made me swear more tbh, its football and passion produces atmosphere, shame we had no atmosphere yesterday, dire is an understatement...

more in is more in -good stuff, does it lose the edge? debatable.
global football eh - bless, thats where its going, stick another tier on, but bring the ticket prices down, I hear the OS will be have to be charged for soon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.