Three years of bad transfer dealings

ManCitizens. said:
We should have paid Hazard/ Iscos parents what they wanted and got one of them here.

With Uefa breathing down our necks? With Chelsea winning the Champions League and Real Madrid deciding he was one of the must have players? Manchester isn't the be all or end all to some of the foreign stars.

B\connellblue said:
Ray78 said:
B\connellblue said:
Cook was given a target and he went all out to land the player. The Barca boys have been a huge disappointment in that respect. I think it's fair to say without Garry selling city to sheikh mansour we wouldn't be worrying about titles or champions league progress.

Which major signing we have missed out on?

There's been plenty and in any case that's not the point. If i'm sent to the dealers to buy a Merc or a BMW and there isn't any available I don't bring home home a fiat just for the sake of buying something.

We had the added bonus of the FA thinking having a HG quota was a good idea and our EDS and Academy needing to be sorted out. Fabregas and his partner wanted to return to London. Nothing much the two Barca boy's could of done with us getting stung by the financial fair play ruling.

I kinda find this thread annoying. Too many wait and see moaners. It seems too many have woken up too late. I moaned about spending money on role players all summer. Couldn't for the life of me understand the infatuations with the Porto boys or Cabalerro. We needed star players to upgrade our starting 11. Not more role players at expensive prices.

i said int the summer, we needed either one CM, Fabregas or 2, including Lampard on a free, if we could sell Yaya ( who we should have sold) due to his age. We needed an attacking winger, Di Maria or Sanchez and should have sold Jovetic, not based on talent, but on being injury prone. Then we should have simply filled the minor needs like CB, RB and GK with free transfers and EDS graduates.

To that effect, only Sagna and Lampard were good financial decisions. And only Lampard panned out, cool. But the other 3 were just dumb decisions, and it's beginning to show.

Ray78 said:
B\connellblue said:
Ray78 said:
Which major signing we have missed out on?

There's been plenty and in any case that's not the point. If i'm sent to the dealers to buy a Merc or a BMW and there isn't any available I don't bring home home a fiat just for the sake of buying something.

We had the added bonus of the FA thinking having a HG quota was a good idea and our EDS and Academy needing to be sorted out. Fabregas and his partner wanted to return to London. Nothing much the two Barca boy's could of done with us getting stung by the financial fair play ruling.
Sanchez was offered to City first, we declined citing FFP. This was long before we got Mangala. The Mangala money could have gone to Sanchez.

Dax777 said:
Ray78 said:
B\connellblue said:

Sanchez was offered to City first, we declined citing FFP. This was long before we got Mangala. The Mangala money could have gone to Sanchez.

If that's true then I agree it was a poor decision but you never know how these things will work out.

One thing for sure is when poor recruiting decisions are made over a period of time and I suggest in the last three seasons they have been mixed to poor at best you have to replace those people with better operators if you are to improve the squad list.

All in all MP still says we have the best squad in the premiership and he hasn't waivered from that view.

We have seen and the results show it that no YAYA and keep Silva at bay and we struggle against even mediocre opposition.

We really don't have the depth of talent that some would lead us to believe and most of our better players are the wrong side of 28.

Kun and maybe Silva aside how many of players would actually be part of Chumps League final and Kun is very injury prone to boot.

Said it before but a major overhaul is needed sooner rather than later and with a new manager at the helm.

Our style of play has been found out to be too predictable and too easy to be picked off.

It has to change even with the side we currently have otherwise it may well cost us much more this year than what most are thinking about our finishing position currently suggests we will come seasons end.

Injuries or no injuries Kompany's form and role is a major worry now.

Can we seriously start 2015/2016 with some or any of Kolorov , Sagna , Sinclair, Jovetic/Dzeko ,Navas , Milner , RIchards etc in our squad?

Hard to believe it will be four years in July since Aguero or last good signing was made, if you made a team from our last three windows it would just about manage top 8 at best...spurs signings the best of them if truth be told
Caballero
Maicon
Sagna
Nastasic
Mangala
Demichelis
Fernando
Fernandinho
Rodwell
Garcia
Sinclair
Jovetic
Bony
Negredo

Compared with
Zabaleta
Kompany
Clichy
Kolarov
Yaya
De Jong
Barry
Nasri
Silva
Robinho
Aguero
Dzeko
Tevez
Balotelli

Ok we signed shit like Santa Cruz, adebayor etc...but come on

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Hard to believe it will be four years in July since Aguero or last good signing was made, if you made a team from our last three windows it would just about manage top 8 at best...spurs signings the best of them if truth be told
Caballero
Maicon
Sagna
Nastasic
Mangala
Demichelis
Fernando
Fernandinho
Rodwell
Garcia
Sinclair
Jovetic
Bony
Negredo

Compared with
Zabaleta
Kompany
Clichy
Kolarov
Yaya
De Jong
Barry
Nasri
Silva
Robinho
Aguero
Dzeko
Tevez
Balotelli

Ok we signed shit like Santa Cruz, adebayor etc...but come on

And only four tops from that first list will be around for us this time next year.

A shocking set of numbers if truth be told.

To blame it on FFP is just an excuse not a reason.

Questions have to be asked. Above makes very poor reading, we haven't upgraded our starting 11 since 2011! A major clear out is required; if we don't qualify for a champions league things will be even more difficult next season!
That is a real concern with the fixtures we have remaining away from home: Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke, United, Spurs, Burnley, Swansea. How many points From those? 7-10? Thoughts?

With those fixtures we need to win all our remaining home games (let's add 2 draws - we still play Hammers and Saints) for computation sake that's 20 points.

That's would see us end the season with 77 points, will that be enough for top 4?
Just looked back across previous seasons and it looks like that should be enough.

I hope I'm flapping unnecessarily but those numbers don't look too far from probability

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.