Three years of bad transfer dealings

Ric said:
It's a fair point really. Since Aguero in 2011, have we made a signing who has been an undisputed success? Demichelis, for £4m, is probably the closest, which is pretty damning. Negredo was, initially, but he's gone now. Speaks volumes for our recruitment policy.
I'd find it hard to argue Fernandinho wasn't an excellent signing.

KippaxCitizen said:
citytill1die84 said:
FFP that's all.
Another total cop out excuse.

We've spent HUGE amounts of money since 2011. Something like £250m! FFPR? Hahaha, what a joke!

García and Fernando alone were £28m. £28m to replace de Jong, utterly wasted on total averageness.

Sinclair Rodwell Sagna García Maicon Caballero Navas Fernando Mangala etc...£250m well spent? You're having s fucking laugh!

Not a single player anywhere near the level of Yaya Silva or Kun in three and a half years for £250m. That is fucking bobbins recruitment!

I would expect people to be having cold sweat filled sleepless nights from our recruitment team with this situation we've had.

We were forced to bring in some of them because our main targets didn't want to sign for us to begin with. Others were brought because of the ridiculous HG quota ruling and our EDS being in process of being revamped after being run by the likes of one Mancini's mates and Andy Welsh. As for the ones who were brought in last season they helped us to win the title.

NQCitizen said:
Ric said:
It's a fair point really. Since Aguero in 2011, have we made a signing who has been an undisputed success? Demichelis, for £4m, is probably the closest, which is pretty damning. Negredo was, initially, but he's gone now. Speaks volumes for our recruitment policy.
I'd find it hard to argue Fernandinho wasn't an excellent signing.

Been very average this year but showed enough last season to suggest he should be kept on next season.

None of our recruits this season have hit the ground running this season but the signs are that none of them would be good enough for example to be part of squad that would go deep into the Chumps League.

A huge overhaul is needed in all areas of the field.

Our recruitment has been nowhere near good enough for where we need to be.

very good post this. i think Fernandinho is class, Mangala will improve and Demichelis outstanding at times. other than that i don't really rate the other Pello signings

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Gary Cook was taken for granted. Cheeky Burgerstein isn't the second coming of Jesus.

Garry Cook wasn't in charge of the signings. That was Marwood and Rigg task. Cook's job was what Ferran Soriano is doing.

Cook was given a target and he went all out to land the player. The Barca boys have been a huge disappointment in that respect. I think it's fair to say without Garry selling city to sheikh mansour we wouldn't be worrying about titles or champions league progress.

B\connellblue said:
Cook was given a target and he went all out to land the player. The Barca boys have been a huge disappointment in that respect. I think it's fair to say without Garry selling city to sheikh mansour we wouldn't be worrying about titles or champions league progress.

Which major signing we have missed out on?

Since the purchase of Aguero we have only bought one top quality player - i,e, Fernandinho.
All the rest flatter to deceive.

Ray78 said:
B\connellblue said:

Which major signing we have missed out on?

There's been plenty and in any case that's not the point. If i'm sent to the dealers to buy a Merc or a BMW and there isn't any available I don't bring home home a fiat just for the sake of buying something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.