Three years of bad transfer dealings

I'm sorry but why another thread slating the club, the players et al.
As soon as we lose (1 or 2 or ???) everything and everyone are shit.
Mody why can't we have a
I think MCFC are shit because.... thread and then everything can go in there.

J_Bow said:
It's pretty obvious we fucked up the 2012/13 season in regards to the transfer dealings. This was probably one of the reasons why Mancini was so fucked off and caused unrest. He clearly wasn't happy with those signings and we as a side didn't build on our success, I remember him publicly having a go at Marwood and someone else because we failed to get van Persie for example.

Now 13/14 is probably on a similar level, Garcia & Nasty proved to be decent buys in 12/13 and from last season Fernandinho & Demichelis have proved to be solid also. Jovetic, Navas and Negredo however have proved to be a bit shit for around £55m (Not sure about the exact total for all 3).

Now correct me if I'm wrong but the FFP rules came in place for the start of last season? If so we would have had to be more cautious about our spending, transfer fee and wage wise for then and the future. This is probably why we had to buy players who weren't of the highest quality and guys wouldn't necessarily walk straight into the team unlike guys we'd want to ideally purchase (Reus, Pogba etc)

FFP clearly played a part in our last couple of transfer dealings, it seems other big teams had strengthened in getting starting quality while we've just brought in squad players to challenge. The sad thing is we've not brought in a real star player since Sergio, still relying on the Kompany, Toure, Silva & Aguero spine to carry us, if not we're fucked.

Sniff with a capital S

richards30 said:
Dzeko, jovetic, navas, guidetti, sinclair, Nastasic all out and should fetch £65-70m i personally think we need a big window to show everyone we actually do mean business!!!

In:
Koke @ £40m
Kurzawa @ £12m
Pepe or miranda @ £15m
Lacazetta @ £30m
Reus @ £30m
Barkley @ £25m with add ons

Nett spend of £75m-85m

Wages also saved with milner, lampard, demichelis and richards all gone.

So, securing all those will mean we will be invincible, will it?

This is not fantasy football,

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
I'm sorry but why another thread slating the club, the players et al.
As soon as we lose (1 or 2 or ???) everything and everyone are shit.
Mody why can't we have a
I think MCFC are shit because.... thread and then everything can go in there.

You are absolutely correct but, you know this is Bluemoon dont you, sponsored by the samaritans

mosssideblue said:
richards30 said:
Dzeko, jovetic, navas, guidetti, sinclair, Nastasic all out and should fetch £65-70m i personally think we need a big window to show everyone we actually do mean business!!!

In:
Koke @ £40m
Kurzawa @ £12m
Pepe or miranda @ £15m
Lacazetta @ £30m
Reus @ £30m
Barkley @ £25m with add ons

Nett spend of £75m-85m

Wages also saved with milner, lampard, demichelis and richards all gone.

So, securing all those will mean we will be invincible, will it?

This is not fantasy football,

Haha course not mate but these seem to be tge players through goal and the mirror who seem the chosen ones think we have enquired about?
Remember the itv4 documentary when tixiki said he works early for windows in advance? Goal reported koke, barkley and reus, the lyon president said he had spoken to city recently and di marzio said city had gone for pepe again? Kurzawa it has already been confirmed was in manchester for the Derby but monaco requested he didn't go to the ground!

donkinho said:
Then the question has to be asked - why change the defensive set up which was proven to be working - after all, history shows that it never stopped us from scoring plenty - to quote the old adage - " If it ain't broke, don't fix it ! "

Whilst not disagreeing about the defensive changes (and the weekly changes for the sake of it are the worst), in 4 of our 5 home defeats 0 goals scored.
This time last year we had won 11/11 at home. We had conceded 3 less than this season (record 7/2/2). We scored 42 last season as opposed to 20 this season.
Away from home, we have 7 points more this season, have scored 4 more and conceded 6 less.
Still, best not let any facts get in the way of a concerted bluemoon moan. Fanny Wipes indeed.

Is this a parody thread to that' Is Txiki Begiristain The Problem?' tread as far as ive just read
you all now seem to be agreeing as before the op just got slated.

only on bluemoon i guess.............

mosssideblue said:
J_Bow said:
It's pretty obvious we fucked up the 2012/13 season in regards to the transfer dealings. This was probably one of the reasons why Mancini was so fucked off and caused unrest. He clearly wasn't happy with those signings and we as a side didn't build on our success, I remember him publicly having a go at Marwood and someone else because we failed to get van Persie for example.

Now 13/14 is probably on a similar level, Garcia & Nasty proved to be decent buys in 12/13 and from last season Fernandinho & Demichelis have proved to be solid also. Jovetic, Navas and Negredo however have proved to be a bit shit for around £55m (Not sure about the exact total for all 3).

Now correct me if I'm wrong but the FFP rules came in place for the start of last season? If so we would have had to be more cautious about our spending, transfer fee and wage wise for then and the future. This is probably why we had to buy players who weren't of the highest quality and guys wouldn't necessarily walk straight into the team unlike guys we'd want to ideally purchase (Reus, Pogba etc)

FFP clearly played a part in our last couple of transfer dealings, it seems other big teams had strengthened in getting starting quality while we've just brought in squad players to challenge. The sad thing is we've not brought in a real star player since Sergio, still relying on the Kompany, Toure, Silva & Aguero spine to carry us, if not we're fucked.

Sniff with a capital S

Negredo was good for half a season? Come January he got injured and didn't score till the end. Jovetic right now hasn't lived up to his value, constantly injured and not really showing he deserves a starting spot. Navas was decent last season but this season he's been consistently bad and only starts because we've had Nasri out.

Bit impulsive on your part.

The Light Was Yellow said:
donkinho said:
Then the question has to be asked - why change the defensive set up which was proven to be working - after all, history shows that it never stopped us from scoring plenty - to quote the old adage - " If it ain't broke, don't fix it ! "

Whilst not disagreeing about the defensive changes (and the weekly changes for the sake of it are the worst), in 4 of our 5 home defeats 0 goals scored.
This time last year we had won 11/11 at home. We had conceded 3 less than this season (record 7/2/2). We scored 42 last season as opposed to 20 this season.
Away from home, we have 7 points more this season, have scored 4 more and conceded 6 less.
Still, best not let any facts get in the way of a concerted bluemoon moan. Fanny Wipes indeed.

Can't work out whether you're agreeing or disagreeing ??? What point are you making ?
So to summarise:-

We've got a better away record this year, but much worse at home - this just emphasises my point ie. Much as I think that Mangala will come good in the end, we've spent £32m that we didn't need to spend on a defender which we could've spent adding some much needed width to the team - then look to strengthen CH in the next window ( if needed ! )

J_Bow said:
mosssideblue said:
J_Bow said:

Sniff with a capital S

Negredo was good for half a season? Come January he got injured and didn't score till the end. Jovetic right now hasn't lived up to his value, constantly injured and not really showing he deserves a starting spot. Navas was decent last season but this season he's been consistently bad and only starts because we've had Nasri out.

Bit impulsive on your part.

Not at all. You stated they were "a bit shit" and I called you out as that is rediculous. Having been called out, you have now toned down your view

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.