Three years of bad transfer dealings

Stephenhakin said:
Those that cling to FFP surely are forgetting the near £200m Pellegrini or whoever buys the players have spent since he has been boss.

Hit or miss
Willy - Miss
Jovetic - Miss
Mangala - Miss
Navas - Miss
MDM - Hit ( of such )
Lampard - Hit
Fernando - Miss
Fernandinho - Hit ( of such )
Sagna - Miss

So of all the signings the only one ( in my eyes ) that has been a complete success from day 1 is Frank Lampard.

I'd give Navas an ( of such )
But agree the rest.

GaudinoMotors said:
Stephenhakin said:
Those that cling to FFP surely are forgetting the near £200m Pellegrini or whoever buys the players have spent since he has been boss.

Hit or miss
Willy - Miss
Jovetic - Miss
Mangala - Miss
Navas - Miss
MDM - Hit ( of such )
Lampard - Hit
Fernando - Miss
Sagna - Miss

So of all the signings the only one ( in my eyes ) that has been a complete success from day 1 is Frank Lampard.

I'd give Navas an ( of such )
But agree the rest.

Think the lad struggles for confidence but yeah maybe just.

Sheesh, we were 3 wins from a treble last season with numerous new signings shining (Fernandinho, Navas, Demichelis, Negredo for half the season) - it hasn't been that bad. The failure really is too much focus on building the squad, maybe not enough on adding the occasional A-lister to strengthen that spine (as opposed to build around it).

Graceyboy said:
Lets get some fkn perspective here first. Its always fickle fans with hinesight that start giving it to the players they now say are shit. At the time of the signatures, the MAJORITY all thought our signings were top draw, and we were picking up the "next wave of top talent" not the established names that cost the top prices.

City have been very lucky, VERY LUCKY, in having some of our top signings come here and hit the ground running, Yaya, Silva, Aguero to mention 3. Not all players can do that, not all teams get that luxary either. We have quality quality players in our squad and some need a bit of slack to get to grips.

We need to allow our manager to navigate around hurdles that come up ie Injuries, form, hierachy demanding winter friendlies in thier country, contract distractions, these are things that he has no direct responsibility over. We have our hands tied to a certain degree with FFP, but we also want to be looking at giving players the time to be coached and improved.

The pressure at this club now to perform is immense, and maybe some players just can't live upto it. We have seen many players at different clubs choke on the big stage, but are not bad players, they just don't cut it.

Those that want to give it to individual players that they are crap etc, why don't you go back through BM topics of post match threads where these players had a great game and just remind yourselves that these players have the ability, they just need the time and backing to get their consistancy.

We are no longer a club that spends on revolutionary scales, we add to our squad diligently where needs be. and certainly not at the behest of impatient, ill informed fans. City don't panic buy on the last minute. In depth dossiers are compiled to try to ensure we are recuiting the right guys.

Lets give our players and management our backing.

I think we have given the players and management the backing and whilst I agree with a lot you say maybe its down to the 3 players you mention quality rather than luck as to why they hit the ground running. I mean how much time do these players need? The first lot bought, Jovetic, Navas have had near 2 seasons how much more time do they need?

Also Manuel has had close to £200m to spend since he has been at City so we are spending money on that scale I am afraid just not as wisely as we once spent it.

Stephenhakin said:

Hit or miss
Willy - Miss
Jovetic - Miss
Mangala - Miss
Navas - Miss
MDM - Hit ( of such )
Lampard - Hit
Fernando - Miss
Sagna - Miss

Are half of these you say are a miss or have they simply only played a handful of games,my guess is this time last year you were saying MD was a miss !

LoveCity said:
Sheesh, we were 3 wins from a treble last season with numerous new signings shining (Fernandinho, Navas, Demichelis, Negredo for half the season) - it hasn't been that bad. The failure really is too much focus on building the squad, maybe not enough on adding the occasional A-lister to strengthen that spine (as opposed to build around it).

With 2 titles and a second place, we have to assume the first 11 was good enough,or at least the spine of the team I think that's why we concentrated, our 'limited for the last 3 summers' resources. on squad players. I expect now the focus to change If we are restriction free this summer, I'm expecting the transfers to be A listers that will improve the first 11, we definately have enough squad players now. Personally I'm looking forward to this summer Think we'll make a few strides forward.

Thenumber1blue said:
Stephenhakin said:

Hit or miss
Willy - Miss
Jovetic - Miss
Mangala - Miss
Navas - Miss
MDM - Hit ( of such )
Lampard - Hit
Fernando - Miss
Sagna - Miss

Are half of these you say are a miss or have they simply only played a handful of games,my guess is this time last year you were saying MD was a miss !

It would help some posters on here if - some one could list the players signed by respective managers.
E.G. Kompany and NDJ (Hughes). If all the above are Pellers signings - who did Mancini sign.? I am thinking of players like - Boyata , Sinclair , etc.

Thenumber1blue said:
Stephenhakin said:

Hit or miss
Willy - Miss
Jovetic - Miss
Mangala - Miss
Navas - Miss
MDM - Hit ( of such )
Lampard - Hit
Fernando - Miss
Sagna - Miss

Probably yes as he was piss poor up to a certain point. Listen what is the point of kidding ourselves. We are I am sure all loyal to City and I like Manuel and his ideas on the game but fuck me these signings have been utter shit.

Bluep*ss said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Stephenhakin said:

Hit or miss
Willy - Miss
Jovetic - Miss
Mangala - Miss
Navas - Miss
MDM - Hit ( of such )
Lampard - Hit
Fernando - Miss
Sagna - Miss

It would help some posters on here if - some one could list the players signed by respective managers.
E.G. Kompany and NDJ (Hughes). If all the above are Pellers signings - who did Mancini sign.? I am thinking of players like - Boyata , Sinclair , etc.

Why compare? Bobby has gone. He made some shockers himself as did Hughes as has Manuel

Stephenhakin said:
Bluep*ss said:
Thenumber1blue said:

Why compare? Bobby has gone. He made some shockers himself as did Hughes as has Manuel

As have all managers at all clubs, as they always will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.