Three years of bad transfer dealings

We won trophies last season on the back of 2 fantastic windows in 2010 and 2011

Same happened with Chelsea when Mourinho left they were winning trophies for years after he left with the players he signed.

My issue is we are till spending just as much money but not pushing on at all.

Cabalero, Fernando and Jovetic have so far been as bad as anything Hughes brought in for me

Cabalero, Fernando and Jovetic have so far been as bad as anything Hughes brought in for me
you can add Sagna to that list

Lets get some fkn perspective here first. Its always fickle fans with hinesight that start giving it to the players they now say are shit. At the time of the signatures, the MAJORITY all thought our signings were top draw, and we were picking up the "next wave of top talent" not the established names that cost the top prices.

City have been very lucky, VERY LUCKY, in having some of our top signings come here and hit the ground running, Yaya, Silva, Aguero to mention 3. Not all players can do that, not all teams get that luxary either. We have quality quality players in our squad and some need a bit of slack to get to grips.

We need to allow our manager to navigate around hurdles that come up ie Injuries, form, hierachy demanding winter friendlies in thier country, contract distractions, these are things that he has no direct responsibility over. We have our hands tied to a certain degree with FFP, but we also want to be looking at giving players the time to be coached and improved.

The pressure at this club now to perform is immense, and maybe some players just can't live upto it. We have seen many players at different clubs choke on the big stage, but are not bad players, they just don't cut it.

Those that want to give it to individual players that they are crap etc, why don't you go back through BM topics of post match threads where these players had a great game and just remind yourselves that these players have the ability, they just need the time and backing to get their consistancy.

We are no longer a club that spends on revolutionary scales, we add to our squad diligently where needs be. and certainly not at the behest of impatient, ill informed fans. City don't panic buy on the last minute. In depth dossiers are compiled to try to ensure we are recuiting the right guys.

Lets give our players and management our backing.

Graceyboy said:
Lets get some fkn perspective here first. Its always fickle fans with hinesight that start giving it to the players they now say are shit. At the time of the signatures, the MAJORITY all thought our signings were top draw, and we were picking up the "next wave of top talent" not the established names that cost the top prices.

City have been very lucky, VERY LUCKY, in having some of our top signings come here and hit the ground running, Yaya, Silva, Aguero to mention 3. Not all players can do that, not all teams get that luxary either. We have quality quality players in our squad and some need a bit of slack to get to grips.

We need to allow our manager to navigate around hurdles that come up ie Injuries, form, hierachy demanding winter friendlies in thier country, contract distractions, these are things that he has no direct responsibility over. We have our hands tied to a certain degree with FFP, but we also want to be looking at giving players the time to be coached and improved.

The pressure at this club now to perform is immense, and maybe some players just can't live upto it. We have seen many players at different clubs choke on the big stage, but are not bad players, they just don't cut it.

Those that want to give it to individual players that they are crap etc, why don't you go back through BM topics of post match threads where these players had a great game and just remind yourselves that these players have the ability, they just need the time and backing to get their consistancy.

We are no longer a club that spends on revolutionary scales, we add to our squad diligently where needs be. and certainly not at the behest of impatient, ill informed fans. City don't panic buy on the last minute. In depth dossiers are compiled to try to ensure we are recuiting the right guys.

Lets give our players and management our backing.

A fine example was Roma away. We had to go away in Europe to a decent team who could also go through and get a result. I don’t remember any players being slated after that yet look at who played (and who didn’t).

Hart
Zabaleta
Demichelis
Mangala
Clichy
Jesús Navas (Silva - 67' )
Fernando
Fernandinho
Milner
Nasri (Kolarov - 89' )
Dzeko (Jovetic - 78' )

Graceyboy said:

I think the majority don't have a clue about most of the players we sign, since most don't watch much European football. Someone says we are going to sign (e.g.) Fernando and a load of blues start signing his praises out of a mixture of patriotism and the blind belief that if we are signing him then he must be good. A bandwaggon starts and everyone convinces themselves that said player is the going to be the next big thing.

When said players turn out to be actually a bit shit, it's not surprising that such flimsy support - which was based on essentially nothing in the first place - is easily lost. Of course if we are about to sign a superstar, then everyone has a view, but other than those, most do not.

Chippy_boy said:
Graceyboy said:

I think the majority don't have a clue about most of the players we sign, since most don't watch much European football. Someone says we are going to sign (e.g.) Fernando and a load of blues start signing his praises out of a mixture of patriotism and the blind belief that if we are signing him then he must be good. A bandwaggon starts and everyone convinces themselves that said player is the going to be the next big thing.

When said players turn out to be actually a bit shit, it's not surprising that such flimsy support - which was based on essentially nothing in the first place - is easily lost. Of course if we are about to sign a superstar, then everyone has a view, but other than those, most do not.

You tend to get what you pay for in football. I must admit i hadn't seen a lot of Mangala or Fernando, i did watch them play Sevilla in the quarter finals of the Europa League last season and thought they were both fairly poor, but i was told that they both had poor games by their standards.

Having said that, its irrelevant what we think as fans, the management make sure these players are watched on numerous occasions, and its what they think that matters. I'm more inclined to side with scouts than some guy off a football forum, which is why i lie a lot of the blame at the door of Txiki for our business in the last 2 years, as he seems to be the one giving the go ahead.

Those that cling to FFP surely are forgetting the near £200m Pellegrini or whoever buys the players have spent since he has been boss.

Hit or miss
Willy - Miss
Jovetic - Miss
Mangala - Miss
Navas - Miss
MDM - Hit ( of such )
Lampard - Hit
Fernando - Miss
Fernandinho - Hit ( of such )
Sagna - Miss

So of all the signings the only one ( in my eyes ) that has been a complete success from day 1 is Frank Lampard.

Happy Feet said:
you can add Sagna to that list

Why anyone thought Jovetic could fire in this league is beyond me. I could of told them this before buying him. Some players need time and space something you do not get in the premier league.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
Careful, I got slaughtered for making the same point last week.

We can all wave our flags and sing about fighting till the end. We can even point to 2012 and 2014, but conveniently ignore 2013.

City look slow, laboured and pedestrian with Yaya on the ball, but without him we leave huge gaps in midfield. Our best players are still the ones who were there before the takeover or the early Mancini signings.

We look stale and we’re drifting to nowhere in particular.

Yes, we can still win the League, but the signs are worrying. We desperately need Bony to hit the ground running and for City to play more direct. Otherwise the fingers are going to start pointing.

This, from Page 2.

Marvin said:
The ignorance of these so called blues amuses me. PSG may well not even qualify for the Champions League this season and Atletico are in danger of being overtaken by Valencia and Sevilla

Just 12 months ago Demichelis and Garcia were being criticised and yet we went on to win the title.

We haven't qualified yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.